Hey Darmoose - it's your break

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
Check your Pm's. I'm good to play on Saturday.

So kind of you, and appropriate, to give up the breaks. I accept.:) Saturday sounds good to me. I'll text you later today about a start time (probably about 11:00 to noon) if thats' ok with your wife.:D

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

So kind of you, and appropriate, to give up the breaks. I accept.:) Saturday sounds good to me. I'll text you later today about a start time (probably about 11:00 to noon) if thats' ok with your wife.:D

Funny guy 😊

You missed the fine print. I get 2 breaks to one, but you get the first one 😜.

Sounds great!

GoldCrown

Verified Member
I'm expecting this match to be on PayPerView. And maybe a pre-game show with the Hooter all stars.

Last edited:

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

I'm expecting this match to be on PayPerView. And maybe a pre-game show with the Hooter all stars.

Heh. I would not object to the hooters At least then we would be assured of some all stars in attendance. (Speaking for myself) 😁.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437267621.891047.jpg

Well, Darrell made the two-hour drive up to Philly so that we could meet up today. It was great to meet another one pocket.org guy and have some serious battles. In the end, Darrell ended up two games winner, winning five games to my three.

I thought that I played pretty tight, but I learned that I am a rookie in that department LOL Darrell is an excellent ball pocketer, and a very smart player. We ended up playing eight games in 8 1/2 hours. It was a great workout.

Darrell you are a true gentleman, and it was a real pleasure. Thanks for making the drive.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Maybe it was a good thing for me Darmoose ducked me last trip I had to Baltimore.

I'm glad you guys had some 1P fun Philly style

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
View attachment 12717

Well, Darrell made the two-hour drive up to Philly so that we could meet up today. It was great to meet another one pocket.org guy and have some serious battles. In the end, Darrell ended up two games winner, winning five games to my three.

I thought that I played pretty tight, but I learned that I am a rookie in that department LOL Darrell is an excellent ball pocketer, and a very smart player. We ended up playing eight games in 8 1/2 hours. It was a great workout.

Darrell you are a true gentleman, and it was a real pleasure. Thanks for making the drive.

Mitch,

It's 11pm, I just got home. You sure are a fast poster to have this up already. We had a great match, full of moving, great shots, and strategery. I was very lucky to squeak out a small victory. You made some great shots that taxed me sorely. There's nothing wrong with your game, for being sooo young.:rolleyes:

Drexeline is a wonderful poolroom with absolutely perfect Brunswick tables, very fast, and with 4 to 4 1/8 inch double shimmed pockets. Every one was very friendly and the owner, Bob Maidhof, was great. I couldn't have enjoyed it more, thanks for inviting me.

Now, I gotta go soak my feet and get out the heating pad. I should be fine in a couple of days.

P.S. I'll hang on to those Jacksons that got away from you til we can have a rematch. I know how much they meant to you. Are they supposed to smell like moth balls?:eek:

P.S.S. Are you standing on your tippy toes in that picture?:lol:lol:lol

Thanks again,

DARMOOSE

Last edited:

keoneyo

Verified Member
Always wanted to go to Drexeline. I met Mr Maidhof in NY at the US 14.1. He was a great guy and shot straight as an arrow. Great pic.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
View attachment 12717

nice to see the faces of our members
sounds like you guys had a blast...:)

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
Maybe it was a good thing for me Darmoose ducked me last trip I had to Baltimore.

I'm glad you guys had some 1P fun Philly style

Jim,

With your record, I doubt you were too concerned bout me. But, just for the record, I didn't "duck" you. As you know, the room I play at was usurped by a ladies tournament the day we were to play, to my surprise.

But....your taking another job and moving far far away, just to avoid me in the future is hard to understand.:D

Mitch and I did have a lot of fun that day. He's a great kid, and pretty good with that squirrelly stroke he uses to disguise his speed.:eek:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Mitch is .... pretty good with that squirrelly stroke he uses to disguise his speed.:eek:

I'm nominating him for 2nd place on the One-Pocket-Org-Lemon-King honor roll (or should that be dishonor roll? :D )

I'm taking nominations for King... I understand that opinions vary. :)

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Mitch and I did have a lot of fun that day. He's a great kid, and pretty good with that squirrelly stroke he uses to disguise his speed.:eek:

Lol. Only on 1p.org can you be almost 45 and still called kid. Love it.

And yeah John. I'm a lemon man from way back. I've been laying back for so long, I have no idea if my top gear still exists lol.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Jim,

With your record, I doubt you were too concerned bout me. But, just for the record, I didn't "duck" you. As you know, the room I play at was usurped by a ladies tournament the day we were to play, to my surprise.

But....your taking another job and moving far far away, just to avoid me in the future is hard to understand.:D

I'm just messing with ya.

I did go to the room you play at to see if any of the women wanted any action:eek:
There were two guys playing some 1P, it looked like the only tight table there. Anyways I left there to go to the other room where the top two 1P players hang out.

I left that job because there were too many good players in NY/NJ, Chicago, LA, and Philly for me to mess with. Now I get Houston and New Orleans:)

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
I'm just messing with ya.

I did go to the room you play at to see if any of the women wanted any action:eek:
There were two guys playing some 1P, it looked like the only tight table there. Anyways I left there to go to the other room where the top two 1P players hang out.

I left that job because there were too many good players in NY/NJ, Chicago, LA, and Philly for me to mess with. Now I get Houston and New Orleans:)

Jim,

I know, I know, you already told me that a long time ago. You didn't take me serious..........wait a minute.....you did.:lol:lol

I know you didn't change jobs and move to avoid me; I was just messing with you..:p:p:sorry

BTW, who did you play when you went to TopHat?

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Jim,

I know, I know, you already told me that a long time ago. You didn't take me serious..........wait a minute.....you did.:lol:lol

I know you didn't change jobs and move to avoid me; I was just messing with you..:p:p:sorry

BTW, who did you play when you went to TopHat?

That night I played some tall young gun. Super nice guy, played alright. He was the second guy that asked me. Later he told me that first guy only has one barrel. I think he was one of the top guys but not sure.

The second day I went looking for and found Piano Man when someone asked to play me. I wasn't sure who he was until I saw the piano key inlays. I was playing well and up four games when he said "I have a hard time playing for $20 but I'm tired of losing". Man, I got an a$$ whooping after that. I've seen some good bankers but that guy must have been a bank robber:D

Jim