efren scott re run

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
If the gap allows it, I would bump the 3 ball off the foot rail out of banking range, and lay the CB on the foot rail below the 6 ball. Temporary relief only...

I'm pretty sure that Efren didn't shoot that shot though, not his style.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Yep, or he might lay it on top of the two stripes by the spot and move that yellow ball 3 ball combo closer to his hole. I do like the window you picked.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Yep, or he might lay it on top of the two stripes by the spot and move that yellow ball 3 ball combo closer to his hole. I do like the window you picked.

Uh huh I looked at that also Bill, Efren might do that, it's more his style, moving something towards his hole...

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Efren probably will shoot the straight in 2 and roll down to the bottom rail for a semi 2 way shot if the 3 blocks the 6 ball, otherwise that aint no good.

Edit: actually, although this shot could be dangerous if you don't control the CB very well, I like this a whole better with some RHE tuck behind the 6:

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Efren probably will shoot the straight in 2 and roll down to the bottom rail for a semi 2 way shot if the 3 blocks the 6 ball, otherwise that aint no good.

Playing Frost, I doubt he bets the game on making the 2 ball as you suggest, slow rolling it and leaving it in the jaws if missed is a possibility though because I don't see an offensive shot for Scott from where the CB would settle, thereby forcing Scott to deal with the hanger. I could be wrong though, Efren is a hell of a shot maker!!

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
CK, that's the first shot I saw. And I like it, providing the CB can roll past the OB without a double kiss. e.g. the line you have for the OB would be a double kiss. Also I'd have to be sure that the OB would not bank into the other stripe, while avoiding the double kiss. These shots come up frequently, and Efren might give it a roll, despite shooting off the head rail.

~Doc

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Larry, wasn't this one put up not very long ago? I seem to remember this exact situation for Efren. I'll know for sure once you put up what he did.

Tom

baby huey

Verified Member
Rail first kick into the two ball with the cue ball nestling into the stack. You might get him tied up and make or hang up the two ball.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Interesting...
Just goes to show me how my thinking has changed since the last time this WWYD was posted. I definitely looked at the shot I chose the first time around, but chose a different shot this time that required less skill, offered less risk and no reward other than extending the game. Guess I'm getting more conservative, next thing you know I'll be voting Republican... :). Oh, that's right, I am a republican...:)

Jimmy B

Verified Member
It was not so long ago. You guys really can't remember what he did here??!!!!

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado

He'll probably just cut the 1 in, move a couple balls with the billiard into the 8 and rolled cue ball to the foot rail. The carom on the eight is key, the eight Has to kill the cue balls forward movement, then allow momentum to take the cue ball....to the rail. My focus, 100% on the carom into the 8.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Larry, wasn't this one put up not very long ago? I seem to remember this exact situation for Efren. I'll know for sure once you put up what he did.

Tom

Well he did say re-run. Larry likes to keep things moving. :):p also said a thread from the past.

i first posted this layout in 2011....:eek:
http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5809&highlight=efren
when looking for layouts this year i found the thread from 2011 and posted it in MARCH OF THIS YEAR..:eek::eek:
http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11386
well i too forgot i had posted it because i went looking for layouts and found this one from 2011 again,,:frus
jeff do i get an honorary entry into the senior tourney based on performance not age.....:heh:heh
anyway
efren took a foul and left scott like this
p.s it is interesting to see the DIFFERENT shots the same people liked from
the threads
se21.jpg

se22.jpg