Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2019, 03:16 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis "Whitey" Young View Post
This morning out of curiosity since I have not tried a shot like this, I tried the cut on the 6 into the hole, I hit it a little thick and scratched, hit it perfect 'I thought' the next time, made it, but cb doubled out and went kitty corner and scratched!
All that other stuff you guys are discussing is way over my head! I'll have to work that stuff to get up to speed. Whitey
If you are past the point on the corner pocket, that is such a consistent scratch. Even very different tables, it will scratch lol.

I do not shoot at it once cb gets past the point. You have to get lucky not to scratch somewhere at that point.
Old 10-06-2019, 05:57 PM
Verified Member

Default Wwyd money game

Well I like to try to cut this ball in if i am shooting well that day at all. I just make sure to overcut the OB if anything. This way itís never a loss and it gives me the chance to control my destiny and win the game this inning. So I shot it and hung it in the jaws. My opponent tried to get it out and couldnít and gave me the game. We were discussing it afterwards and I shot it two more times. Once I missed the OB (so a ball would have spotted) and the next shot I made. So two out of three wins and once I missed but am still in the game so couldnít lose that inning. I know itís not the popular choice but I like the odds.
Old 10-06-2019, 06:23 PM
Verified Member

i ill cut if the pockets are big.
if not, knock it close to his side pocket.

against a weak player i will bank it down to the short rail and leave him up table. they always seem to sell out from there.

against a good player i have will have already won if there is just one ball left.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:12 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lll View Post
cowboy dennis had a thread or 2 or 3 on this several years ago
I could only find this thread
as for what would I do
I listen to my elders and shoot rods or toms shot

Attachment 25131
cowboy dennis gave his results in his thread
I will post the link and more results in the next post

Attachment 25132
You are shooting with the cueball in the wrong corner I believe.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:18 PM
Verified Member

I would shoot the shot to go near my side pocket and roll the cueball down on the end rail , I have seen too many good bankers make the ball one rail if you only come up 2 or 2 1/2 diamonds even when cueball is on the rail , Luat banked one in near the side pocket from just above the second diamond , so the others aren't that tough.
He killed the cueball with inside english and the ball never came out of the kitchen.
For the guys cutting the ball , its definitely make able, even I have made it many times for 5 a game and some tables are easier than others , but I can't remember ever seeing any of the great shot makers play the shot in a serious game.

Last edited by Billy Jackets; 10-06-2019 at 07:30 PM.
Old 10-06-2019, 11:19 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Jackets View Post
I would shoot the shot to go near my side pocket and roll the cueball down on the end rail , I have seen too many good bankers make the ball one rail if you only come up 2 or 2 1/2 diamonds even when cueball is on the rail , Luat banked one in near the side pocket from just above the second diamond , so the others aren't that tough.
He killed the cueball with inside english and the ball never came out of the kitchen.
For the guys cutting the ball , its definitely make able, even I have made it many times for 5 a game and some tables are easier than others , but I can't remember ever seeing any of the great shot makers play the shot in a serious game.
I can't remember the match it's from, but I have a clear memory of Duel shooting that cut shot.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:08 AM
Verified Member

Ike Runnels shoots this in every time.
If I am shooting really good that day... maybe 20% of my sessions I will shoot at it. The other 80% of the time I just do the crossover already posted.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:14 AM
Verified Member

I would cue it in if the cue ball was an inch or so to the outside of the pocket. Otherwise I would put it up near the side pocket.

The amount you are playing for should not make a difference in your choice shots only the position of the balls.

Bill S.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:19 PM
Verified Member

Default Wwyd money game

Quick update that the same shot came up again today for 200 a game. Cue even deeper in the pocket. And after my big talk I had no choice but to shoot it lol. I overcut it. No harm no foul.
Old 10-08-2019, 06:43 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkbtank View Post
Quick update that the same shot came up again today for 200 a game. Cue even deeper in the pocket. And after my big talk I had no choice but to shoot it lol. I overcut it. No harm no foul.