Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2019, 01:04 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJohn View Post
This is classic shooter vs mover. Neither is a slouch at the other skill, but at the top of the pecking order where he excels.

I'm REALLY looking forward to this one. I may not even make it into the office on those days, even if I can remember where it is.
I'd say Josh is a complete player who does most things well. His main weakness, if he has one, is his banking, although he has tightened that up in the last two years. He runs balls as well as any American.

But the Filipinos are at a different level in ball running. Roberto runs balls as well as anyone in the world in one pocket. He was giving me 13-6 cheap and he ran 13 and out twice in a row, then 11 the next game. My spot just disappeared in one inning. His moving and strategic thinking are still developing, but he is playing all the killers even right now. He was playing Evan even and beat him in Houston. He beat Chohan in Houston even.

I have been calling for Roberto to be the next great Filipino one pocket player. This match will be a good gauge of where he is and what he can be.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:13 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRLongArm View Post
I'd say Josh is a complete player who does most things well. His main weakness, if he has one, is his banking, although he has tightened that up in the last two years. He runs balls as well as any American.

But the Filipinos are at a different level in ball running. Roberto runs balls as well as anyone in the world in one pocket. He was giving me 13-6 cheap and he ran 13 and out twice in a row, then 11 the next game. My spot just disappeared in one inning. His moving and strategic thinking are still developing, but he is playing all the killers even right now. He was playing Evan even and beat him in Houston. He beat Chohan in Houston even.

I have been calling for Roberto to be the next great Filipino one pocket player. This match will be a good gauge of where he is and what he can be.
NOW I get this info, thank you sir!

Just kidding, I know he runs balls well but didn't realize some of his wins you mentioned. I was going to say what John did, I feel its mover vs shooter as well but the other part they do very good too. With Josh's commentary and overall knowledge of the game, i am hoping that will earn him the victory over a very good ball maker but less experience one hole player, we shall see.

Like you said, Josh can run balls very well too...this will be a good one!
Old 10-02-2019, 01:29 PM
Verified Member

Quote:

Joe
Your insight and perspective is always appreciated.
Thanks for posting
Old 10-02-2019, 02:51 PM
Verified Member

Default Gomez

He wanted to play Evan even for 10K of his own money, but Evan wanted to play 8 ahead instead of a long race. The fact that he was willing to bet his own means he thought he had a good game.

Which is very scary for the rest of the one pocket world.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:53 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
He wanted to play Evan even for 10K of his own money, but Evan wanted to play 8 ahead instead of a long race. The fact that he was willing to bet his own means he thought he had a good game.

Which is very scary for the rest of the one pocket world.
lol, true stuff, I like him more already...
Old 10-02-2019, 02:55 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy_kid View Post
I like Josh if anyone wants to sweat...
$50 here on RG....let me know.
no link....
Old 10-02-2019, 03:06 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Drive View Post
$50 here on RG....let me know.
Joe beat you to it, I am good at $50 after all this I have been learning about gomez
Old 10-03-2019, 04:47 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy_kid View Post
Joe beat you to it, I am good at $50 after all this I have been learning about gomez
Roberto is the best ball striker I have ever played.
I am not sure who I like in this match yet.
Old 10-06-2019, 12:11 AM
Verified Member

Iím looking forward to this one...I think Roberto will edge out Josh based on his Filipino-ness.
Old 10-06-2019, 08:36 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomike View Post
Iím looking forward to this one...I think Roberto will edge out Josh based on his Filipino-ness.
I also think most top players of his caliber from the Philippines, are better matchmakers/gamblers. No different than Shanes backers waiting on mother time, to create his up coming match.
I would of bet against Shane in that spot 4 yrs ago....
no link....