4 by 8 Table Breaks

Eight & Out

Verified Member
How many of you guys play one pocket on a 4' by 8' table and how do you break?I like hitting the second ball thin and hitting the third ball full.The pack doesn't open as much but I avoid scratching.

Pete

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
Eight & Out said:
How many of you guys play one pocket on a 4' by 8' table and how do you break?I like hitting the second ball thin and hitting the third ball full.The pack doesn't open as much but I avoid scratching.

Pete

4X8s are a good size table to kick break, 8&out. Toughest traps I have ever seen were off kick breaks. Gotta practice them though.

Lunchmoney

Verified Member
From
Washington State
hemicudas said:
4X8s are a good size table to kick break, 8&out. Toughest traps I have ever seen were off kick breaks. Gotta practice them though.

You are right about the kick break traps $Bill, I play a guy regularly who uses that type of break. He usually traps me good about 75% of the time. Occasionally he screws up and away I go but not often. It's a risky break in my opinion, but this guy has it down cold.

Lunchmoney

Tnusbaum

Verified Member

Pete
I've played on an 8' by 4' my whole life and then switched to a 9 foot. Very difficult change for me to find right spot to break...