Make It Happen … Giorno Uno

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
Dear Gentle Readers,

Oh boy! One-pocket.

Headline # 1: Efren Resurgent.

Efren, looking dead in the water against Scott, made, if memory serves, two late-game, mostly up-table, mini runs. Classic position play. Then, hill-hill, my sweet baboo ran 8-and-out after escaping from a terrific break from Scott. If memory serves.

Headline # 2: Young Guns 2 / Alex and SVB 0.

Justin Hall (“Best bank pool player in the world”) smacked down Alex (best one-pocket / all-round player in the world”) 3-1.

Danny (Red Bull) Smith beat (airlines sent cue to Houston) Shane 3-2.

Wit and Wisdom from Billy and Danny D …

Billy, “Justin should have shot that bank with speed. Rolling allows it to slide.”

Danny, “Good enough to sleep in the street.”

Billy, “When you need two balls and two balls are left on the table, getting the second ball (when it’s hung up) into play is overrated. If you have a shot at your pocket take it.”

Danny, quoting Puckett, “The ball looked up, saw it was Lassiter, and fell.”

Billy, “In a up-table game, leave the cue ball on the bottom rail, in the CENTER.”

Danny, “If the ball is straight into the pocket, then there’s no kiss on the bank.”

Some musings …

> I wonder how many spectators, live and streaming, there were?

> Kenny, who garnered audience applause for a mid-air moth capture, could benefit from a pattern-to-pattern shirt and tie wardrobe intervention.

> There were some attractive women in their 40s and 50s at ringside.

> There was speculation that Alex, and perhaps Scott, lost because of being frazzled from their recent 5-day match.

> Justin issued a ‘to the world’ invitation to play anyone one-pocket in Florida.

> The face of pool: Both Alex and Efren shot a ball directly into their opponent’s pocket. Their reaction? They laughed. Contrast that with the Scott scowl. (And I admire Scott.)

Facile observation is my life,

Sunny

phil dade

Verified Member
From
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
Efren showed why we all talk about him and why he was invited. Scott played very well and had him on the run. However, Efren showed his great knowledge of the table, moving, shooting, breaking clusters, banking, CB control...whew, he was brilliant. Twice Scott was way ahead and had balls up table and the Magician came from way back and won. I think it was the final game that it looked like Efren had ball, maybe two...but went out!

I do not believe Scott was affected by his recent Fight Night match with Alex, he played well and was mostly ahead in position. Efren just showed us once again why he is consided so great.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Dear Gentle Readers,

Oh boy! One-pocket.

Headline # 1: Efren Resurgent.

Efren, looking dead in the water against Scott, made, if memory serves, two late-game, mostly up-table, mini runs. Classic position play. Then, hill-hill, my sweet baboo ran 8-and-out after escaping from a terrific break from Scott. If memory serves.

Headline # 2: Young Guns 2 / Alex and SVB 0.

Justin Hall (“Best bank pool player in the world”) smacked down Alex (best one-pocket / all-round player in the world”) 3-1.

Danny (Red Bull) Smith beat (airlines sent cue to Houston) Shane 3-2.

Wit and Wisdom from Billy and Danny D …

Billy, “Justin should have shot that bank with speed. Rolling allows it to slide.”

Danny, “Good enough to sleep in the street.”

Billy, “When you need two balls and two balls are left on the table, getting the second ball (when it’s hung up) into play is overrated. If you have a shot at your pocket take it.”

Danny, quoting Puckett, “The ball looked up, saw it was Lassiter, and fell.”

Billy, “In a up-table game, leave the cue ball on the bottom rail, in the CENTER.”

Danny, “If the ball is straight into the pocket, then there’s no kiss on the bank.”

Some musings …

> I wonder how many spectators, live and streaming, there were?

> Kenny, who garnered audience applause for a mid-air moth capture, could benefit from a pattern-to-pattern shirt and tie wardrobe intervention.

> There were some attractive women in their 40s and 50s at ringside.

> There was speculation that Alex, and perhaps Scott, lost because of being frazzled from their recent 5-day match.

> Justin issued a ‘to the world’ invitation to play anyone one-pocket in Florida.

> The face of pool: Both Alex and Efren shot a ball directly into their opponent’s pocket. Their reaction? They laughed. Contrast that with the Scott scowl. (And I admire Scott.)

Facile observation is my life,

Sunny

nice post sunny.....:)
i didnt need to look any words up this time....:D

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Efren showed why we all talk about him and why he was invited. Scott played very well and had him on the run. However, Efren showed his great knowledge of the table, moving, shooting, breaking clusters, banking, CB control...whew, he was brilliant. Twice Scott was way ahead and had balls up table and the Magician came from way back and won. I think it was the final game that it looked like Efren had ball, maybe two...but went out!

I do not believe Scott was affected by his recent Fight Night match with Alex, he played well and was mostly ahead in position. Efren just showed us once again why he is consided so great.

yes phil
efren was "THE MAGICIAN" last night
he looked dead to start the match but worked his magic to find a way to win
god bless the man...:)

Jimmy B

Verified Member
nice post sunny.....:)
i didnt need to look any words up this time....:D

I only had to look up one. Thought she meant facial for a moment. I realized that the word applies to me. I often give facile answers to complex questions. I own it from now on. Ha.. Good on her....