SVB v. Danny Smith One Pocket

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Shane is looking for a stake horse against Danny Smith, one pocket. The format has not yet been decided, but it will likely be a long race or ahead set. $10,000-$20,000 per man is being discussed.

Any of you interested in getting involved?

Let me know.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I don't like staking anyone else but myself although I will do some sweat bets on the side usually.

That being said I am very interested in watching it take place.

Good luck Joe and keep us posted!

BRLongArm

Verified Member
I don't like staking anyone else but myself although I will do some sweat bets on the side usually.

That being said I am very interested in watching it take place.

Good luck Joe and keep us posted!

I think we have it worked out. It'll be a very interesting contrast in styles, much like Tony and Dennis.

keoneyo

Verified Member
SVB is supposed to have a stack himself and a lot of property to boot.
Why is he looking for a stake horse?
Does he not think its a good enough bet to use his own?

BRLongArm

Verified Member
SVB is supposed to have a stack himself and a lot of property to boot.
Why is he looking for a stake horse?
Does he not think its a good enough bet to use his own?

John Schmidt was in our pool room about 15 years ago and a local said, "You always get staked. Why don't you bet your own? I play on my own." John's answer was classic. "I am one of the best players in the world. I have people standing in lines to stake me. If I played like you, I'd have to play on my own money, too."

Players stake themselves when they are in great games. In a gambling match where the outcome is uncertain, it makes sense to get staked.

J SCHWARZ

Verified Member
I think we have it worked out. It'll be a very interesting contrast in styles, much like Tony and Dennis.

Has a location been agreed upon? Hopefully SVB will loosen up on that no smoking room and it can be held at Buffalos.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH

Great! And yes, agreed on the style difference...

Here is my early on 2 cents:

Ball Striking: SVB
Banking: DS
Moving: close one
Over-all 1p Knowledge: close one

I think their ball striking ability is close but SVB edges Danny out. I think Danny for sure is a better banker than Shane. The other 2 categories may be a toss up.

That being said, I think it will be a close match. I know SVB is usually ranked higher when we talk about the top 1 hole players today but I have seen Danny play hours of bank pool and a "little" one hole and I think he has what it takes to beat SVB.

I will take you up on a cheap $50 sweat bet and take Danny if it ends up happening Mr. Henderson...

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Great! And yes, agreed on the style difference...

Here is my early on 2 cents:

Ball Striking: SVB
Banking: DS
Moving: close one
Over-all 1p Knowledge: close one

I think their ball striking ability is close but SVB edges Danny out. I think Danny for sure is a better banker than Shane. The other 2 categories may be a toss up.

That being said, I think it will be a close match. I know SVB is usually ranked higher when we talk about the top 1 hole players today but I have seen Danny play hours of bank pool and a "little" one hole and I think he has what it takes to beat SVB.

I will take you up on a cheap $50 sweat bet and take Danny if it ends up happening Mr. Henderson...

Sounds good and I hope it happens. Will confirm again if it comes down.