My Simonis

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Who can help me with some information on the proper cleaning and maintenance of the Simonis 860 on my table? Brush, vacuum, wet cloth, other? Thanks.

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Bill, ive found using a damp cloth works very well. I clean in strips from the top of the table down to the bottom rail and then repeat. In other works i dont scrub the cloth, just wipe it in one direction. One pass is enough and if the table gets alot of play I clean i clean it daily. Keith

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

islandtime

Verified Member
I'm trying the new Simonis X-1 gizmo followed with a lightly dampened cloth. Quick, easy and good results.

bob

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
i clean my table a couple of times a week. my process has evolved to this:

1. vaccum with a shop vac attachment (with bristles) head to foot
2. vaccum with shop vac attachment (no bristles) head to foot
3. spray with that table cleaner aerosol stuff (it really works) and wipe down with microfiber cloth
4. clean pockets (top and inside) with leather cleaner disposable wipes
5. wipe down rails, side of table with disposable wood cleaning wipes

it sounds like a lot, but takes no more than 15 minutes and keeps the table pristine (besides, i kind of enjoy doing it). i dont use the shop vac for anything else. it is a rigid with casters/wheels and is easy to pull around the table. the aerosol cleaner cans cost about $10 a pop and are good for about 10 - 12 uses.

Ken_4fun

Verified Member
Well...as a person who has cleaned about a "gazillion" dirty tables with #860 on them....DAMP CLOTH.

I havent cleaned a gazillion, just mine at home. It had Red #860 and it lasted 10 years and I only used damp cloth. (just bearly damp).

I used a white (well kinda white) cloth to see what I was picking up and it was amazing the amount of chalk, dust, etc.

Ken