Does anybody play in ... ?

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
Does anyone play OnePocket in Seattle or south to San Francisco ..?

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I'm in Port Angeles with a broken wrist and the only place to play pool burned down. There's an attorney who likes to gamble in Seattle, Harry Platis. Last time I was up here we played $300 a game. There's an APA champion in Port Townsend with his own table but I played him 15 years ago and he does not play one pocket. A couple of Canadian will come to Seattle.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I'm in Port Angeles with a broken wrist and the only place to play pool burned down. There's an attorney who likes to gamble in Seattle, Harry Platis. Last time I was up here we played $300 a game. There's an APA champion in Port Townsend with his own table but I played him 15 years ago and he does not play one pocket. A couple of Canadian will come to Seattle.

when did you play?
how did you play?
how did you do??
just askin??
:)
you can pm me if you choose

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois

You played even with Harry Platis? And you are begging me for a spot? And here I thought you Libby's were all for, Truth, Justice and the Un-American way!:lol

Beard

That was a very good jibe, wouldnt you say? :sorry I think I am going to sell that line to the RNC. :D

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
If you come through Portland, I'll play you some. If you'd like to play some decent players, I could probably hook you up with somebody.

Edit: Isn't it the Golden Fleece that has some strong players that like 1P?

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
Thanks

Thanks

I have all the action I could want (big lol). My query was more of a who is who on OnePocket in that NorthWest corridor ( I hear that the game is not exactly popular in that region ).

Cheers

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
when did you play?
how did you play?
how did you do??
just askin??
:)
you can pm me if you choose

We played last year about this time. The game was at his home court which I don't care as long as its flat. We played even and I offered him a ball in banks but he said only one pocket.
He pulled up as I was catching a gear, lost one game.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
We played last year about this time. The game was at his home court which I don't care as long as its flat. We played even and I offered him a ball in banks but he said only one pocket.
He pulled up as I was catching a gear, lost one game.

thanks for the reply
you must play pretty sporty

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
You played even with Harry Platis? And you are begging me for a spot? And here I thought you Libby's were all for, Truth, Justice and the Un-American way!:lol

Beard

That was a very good jibe, wouldnt you say? :sorry I think I am going to sell that line to the RNC. :D

When have you ever known truth and justice in a phul room? It's called libs.
Now you know how I play, I want ten-seven.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
If you come through Portland, I'll play you some. If you'd like to play some decent players, I could probably hook you up with somebody.

Edit: Isn't it the Golden Fleece that has some strong players that like 1P?

Where in Portland. My materials may not get here for ten daze. Seeing the surgeon in about an hour. I may be up here another couple of weeks and Portland is only a couple of thousand dollars away. Are you someone I played in San Jose at Chet's place?

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
Where in Portland. My materials may not get here for ten daze. Seeing the surgeon in about an hour. I may be up here another couple of weeks and Portland is only a couple of thousand dollars away. Are you someone I played in San Jose at Chet's place?

I'm close to Sam's Billiards, on the inner-east side of Portland.

Nah, I've never really played anywhere outside of Portland. I may know who you played, if you could describe them. I'm just a bar hack that's doing his best work his game up while having a job! I can play some decent players even on games like banks, but can't typically keep up on things like 9b that require a higher level of shot-making. Perhaps a (big) spot would be in order? :heh

Tried my hand at a little 1P with poolshootindon, but finances made me take a break and now my freakin car alarm's been messed up for a month or two.. should be getting that fixed next weekend so I can start roaming around town some.

I've got family in Bellevue, maybe I could pull a two-fer some time.. three-fer if I finally try to hit up a small tournament there.

Shakeysmooth

Lots of one-pocket action at Askar's Golden Fleece (north Seattle, Kenmore area). Harry Platis is a regular (played about 10 of 14 days recently, for up to 4K per set) and familiar faces include Bill Cress, Glen Atwell, Mount Vernon guy, Dan Louis, Stan Tourangeau, Todd Marsh, Ed Hobbs, Rich Geiler and occasional road players ("Lizard Man" Steve Smith lately). Diamond tables.

Tacoma: Malarkey's has pretty good action as well for one-hole, and they added a 3-cushion table too. Pool tables are Brunswick.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Lots of one-pocket action at Askar's Golden Fleece (north Seattle, Kenmore area). Harry Platis is a regular (played about 10 of 14 days recently, for up to 4K per set) and familiar faces include Bill Cress, Glen Atwell, Mount Vernon guy, Dan Louis, Stan Tourangeau, Todd Marsh, Ed Hobbs, Rich Geiler and occasional road players ("Lizard Man" Steve Smith lately). Diamond tables.

Tacoma: Malarkey's has pretty good action as well for one-hole, and they added a 3-cushion table too. Pool tables are Brunswick.

Dont forget about Manwon's place. I got action in all three places.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Tacoma: Malarkey's has pretty good action as well for one-hole, and they added a 3-cushion table too.

That's just beautiful;), I was on my way to Phoenix to bust the Duck but now I'm heading back home:mad:. It's going to take 10 strong men to restrain the Duck from heading to Tacoma:sorry:D. He loves 3-Cushion.

RBL