One pocket /three pocket game

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
could those that understand this type of spot (player A gets the corner/player B gets all 3 pockets on the other side)
is it ever played a different way ?
explain what its worth
and how do you play if you are getting or giving the spot
thanks

piggybank04

Verified Member
i dont play that way, but i hustle c players by telling them i can only have 1 of the 2 pockets at the foot of the table--their choice--then i play however i have to beat them--wether that means playing safe w bih, or herding balls that way, maybe banking alot--im a lock to win almost every game--the funny part is, they think theyre stealing when i introduce the idea to them.......btw, the game was 8 ball.....

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Jersey Red was very adept at this. I never learned it. He would play front pocket/back pocket, one pocket/one side and many others. I think it was a New York/east coast thing. Never saw much of it except with him. :D
Rod.

beatle

Verified Member
we played it all the time. one of the few ways you can make a game after someone knows your speed.

most time the game was back to a front on a 5 by 10. some times it was five pockets to one. depends on how bad our opponent was. usually the person getting the spot lost.

if it was a close matchup you might give him the side as well.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
we played it all the time. one of the few ways you can make a game after someone knows your speed.

most time the game was back to a front on a 5 by 10. some times it was five pockets to one. depends on how bad our opponent was. usually the person getting the spot lost.

if it was a close matchup you might give him the side as well.

The way I make a game after someone knows my speed is to ask for weight.