Rob and Tyler are so easy to fool, lol

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Tyler, for an intelligent guy, as I already said, you keep posting clueless, opinions re. my game, when in actuality, you know nothing of my game...you keep saying that I just want to play safety's and don't want to shoot at my hole..:lol...well, it's reality check time once again...

You either don't read all the wwyd's,,, or you have a bad memory,,, or you have a selective memory,,, or like Rob, you just want to puff your chest up like a macho aggressive shooter and moronically knock moving in One Pocket :rolleyes: - I don't know which of these 4 apply to you...that said, here's one last clue for you - just a few examples to display how disingenuous your posts re. my game have been...

There were two shot choice threads that I posted up in the last coupla months where the choice was to either go for the aggressive shot at your hole, or play the conservative safety - in both of them I chose the aggressive shot - I'll re-post up pics of those shots with my text....and also, John Henderson and I played out and gambled at a prop bet a few years back - what were our choices in this prop bet? - I bet on shooting the aggressive shot at my pocket, and John bet on shooting a conservative safety instead.

The past threads ----->

"In this scenario, your pocket is at the top-farthest-to-the-left - the pocket that is not in the picture --- you need one ball to win, your opponent needs two...

You can play a safety, or you could go for the win and bank the 12 ball cross-corner...if you bank it at pocket speed with mucho inside english, you should be able to leave your cueball by your long rail, approx. halfway between the side pocket and that piece of chalk on the rail, leaving your opponent a very tough cut if you miss the bank...

As for my choice here..I like and am very comfortable with this type of pocket speed bank using inside english, so I am going for the win here and banking the 12ball fo-sure...here's the layout ----->"

Attachments

• 000000.jpg
    000000.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
And ------>

We had some good debating with this wwyd - especially between Freddy and Billy I......

The situation is: You need one ball to win, your opponent needs all four balls - you're playing a good player - you're playing with fairly tight, but not super tight, 4-3/8" pockets - your pocket is at the top left...

If you cut the 3 in you win the match...you also have the conservative option of giving your opponent the 4ball - sorry, my bad - the 4 was inside the jaws in the original thread - I took this current picture incorrectly - so make your choice as if the 4 was inside the jaws, wher you can't remove it...

Last time this wwyd was up we had a pretty even split on choices...the funny debate was..myself and Freddy opted for going for the win..then Billy I. said he's giving up the 4ball, and not going to take a chance of missing the 3, leaving a cross-corner, and having the score get to 7-6..then Freddy said to Billy "get the fuk out of here - you're just saying that to disagree with me - I've known you for 45 yrs. and I know you're shooting the 3ball every time" )...well, Billy wouldn't change his story, and they went back and forth for a coupla days......

So then... wwyd?

PS, When I was in this actual game situation, I shot the 3ball, and would every time in this spot.

Attachments

• 0000000.jpg
    0000000.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
One has to ask When the obvious shot was banking the ten. Obviously the Ghost shot the correct shot as would nearly everybody else. So you have to wonder.... Does the ghost post obvious wwyd's on occasion to compile information on players abilities. As he was offering to sell his "black book" on here recently....lol do you think he throws out the occasional basic wwyd to fish for information on each player by their shot selections ? Are you that smart Ghosty....:eek: So the Ghostly scenario on this wwyd he would have everybody's name on his list including the newbies and if you chose to cut the eight instead of banking the ten he would write next to your name...can't pinch bank... C player....lol

:eek: :eek:

C'mon now John, the Ghost isn't a devious guy..

But then again, over the years, I have connected with/gambled with, 50 different members of this site - don't ask what my won/loss record is in those meet-ups..;)...

PS, I'd love to add Tyler to that list...:)

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I learned something here: If I REALLY want to get under Ghostie's skin, I won't bother challenging his moving, I'll go straight for the throat and call him a Pussy. :D

Doctor Buntmaster
You're triggerin' my Gaydar
Nit and tuck
Luke Skychicken
The Nibbler
Perrywinkle

:D :D :D

You know I love ya, but I got your number now. :p

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I learned something here: If I REALLY want to get under Ghostie's skin, I won't bother challenging his moving, I'll go straight for the throat and call him a Pussy. :D

Doctor Buntmaster
You're triggerin' my Gaydar
Nit and tuck
Luke Skychicken
The Nibbler
Perrywinkle

:D :D :D

You know I love ya, but I got your number now. :p

I know you wouldn't call me a pussy to my face...

:eek:

Attachments

• 0 22.jpg
    0 22.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 0

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
And ------>

We had some good debating with this wwyd - especially between Freddy and Billy I......

The situation is: You need one ball to win, your opponent needs all four balls - you're playing a good player - you're playing with fairly tight, but not super tight, 4-3/8" pockets - your pocket is at the top left...

If you cut the 3 in you win the match...you also have the conservative option of giving your opponent the 4ball - sorry, my bad - the 4 was inside the jaws in the original thread - I took this current picture incorrectly - so make your choice as if the 4 was inside the jaws, wher you can't remove it...

Last time this wwyd was up we had a pretty even split on choices...the funny debate was..myself and Freddy opted for going for the win..then Billy I. said he's giving up the 4ball, and not going to take a chance of missing the 3, leaving a cross-corner, and having the score get to 7-6..then Freddy said to Billy "get the fuk out of here - you're just saying that to disagree with me - I've known you for 45 yrs. and I know you're shooting the 3ball every time" )...well, Billy wouldn't change his story, and they went back and forth for a coupla days......

So then... wwyd?

PS, When I was in this actual game situation, I shot the 3ball, and would every time in this spot.

For those who may be interested I have another perspective that you can apply to this situation to help you make an informed decision. I can assure you what I have has never been discussed, not now, nor not then when we originally had this debate. :heh

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

But then again, over the years, I have connected with/gambled with, 50 different members of this site - don't ask what my won/loss record is in those meet-ups..;)...

Maybe your 'Matching Up' moving is even better than your moving in the game.:eek:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
For those who may be interested I have another perspective that you can apply to this situation to help you make an informed decision. I can assure you what I have has never been discussed, not now, nor not then when we originally had this debate. :heh
Bill, coyness doesn't suit you. You've got to avoid the Ghost's influence!...:D

~Doc

tylerdurden

Verified Member

I can't get away from work, but if you can meet up at hard times, bellflower, I will play you. Scouts honor. I figure with all the travel the set would have to be pumped into the range of 1000 at least?

This will be great, you can finally prove you are right about something, and redeem yourself for missing that case ball against John. We can bill this the squeezer vs the shooter and finally put a solid cap on the 8 ball vs 10 ball thread.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I can't get away from work, but if you can meet up at hard times, bellflower, I will play you. Scouts honor. I figure with all the travel the set would have to be pumped into the range of 1000 at least?

This will be great, you can finally prove you are right about something, and redeem yourself for missing that case ball against John. We can bill this the squeezer vs the shooter and finally put a solid cap on the 8 ball vs 10 ball thread.

Nah, you'll have to come to Chicago to play our match.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Travel

Travel

It cost me around $1,500 to go to Chicago, get a car and a room. I had a great time and would go again if the corporation can come up with a 3k game. That way, IF I win I could come away with a little profit.

I am going to get down to Hard Times, Bellflower sooner or later, but am having a busy end of summer with family and there are local tournaments coming up plus the Super Seniors in October. I also want to make it by my old stomping grounds, The Golden Cue in El Monte. Seems like there is a lot going on there too, and if I can make it, House of Billiards in Santa Monica.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Thanks John and Ghost.

I hope to make it to the derby one of these years, that would probably be a better venue for all. The traveling makes it totally impractical to play these sets as John mentions, even though I know I would enjoy myself as well, as John did.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Thanks John and Ghost.

I hope to make it to the derby one of these years, that would probably be a better venue for all. The traveling makes it totally impractical to play these sets as John mentions, even though I know I would enjoy myself as well, as John did.

That's good, Tyler. Don't dare let some pool business interfere with your career.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
That's good, Tyler. Don't dare let some pool business interfere with your career.

My career isn't where I want it to be yet, but I'm tryin.

No irony in my previous message, one of the first times the Dr has been led astray :eek: