Six Elected to the Legends of Bank Pool HOF

onepocket

Administrator
Staff member
OnePocket.org is pleased to announce the election of the first six members into the Legends of Bank Pool Hall of Fame. These great players were selected on the basis of their outstanding records in after-hours action and tournament play.

Freddy ‘The Beard’ Bentivegna – Veteran Chicago banking icon who has hunted down the best all over the country.

Truman Hogue – From Louisville, Kentucky. A colorful and talented bank pool player who takes an aggressive approach to the game, Truman is both a tournament and action veteran among the very best for the last 40 years and still going strong. The master of the "straight-back."

Leonard ‘Bugs’ Rucker – Ranked right up near Eddie Taylor as one of the greatest bankers ever. ‘Bugs’ would bet even money that he could throw the cue ball and an object ball onto the table and wherever they stopped, he would bank the ball for the cash.

Billy ‘Cornbread Red’ Burge (posthumous) – Detroit’s finest, born on the Kentucky, Tennessee border. A fearsome money player who also happened to be one of the best bankers ever – especially on 5x10 tables.

Gary Spaeth (posthumous) – From Cincinnati. Son of another player legend, Joey Spaeth, Gary developed a very strong banking game. He won one of the largest pre-Derby City Banks events and was a popular action player who also died way too young.

Eddie Taylor (posthumous) – Generally acknowledged to be the greatest banker of all time. Inducted into the BCA Hall of Fame in 1993, and elected into the One Pocket HOF in 2004.

Induction will take place at the 2nd annual One Pocket Hall of Fame Legends Dinner during the Derby City Classic in Louisville, Kentucky on Tuesday, January 10th, 2006. If you missed last year's dinner, there are photos and a brief recap here: 2005 One Pocket HOF Dinner

This year’s inductees are the first class of the Legends of Bank Pool. Bank Pool has a terrific after-hours tradition and features some of the most colorful and talented players ever to ply their trade with a cue stick. This year’s dinner promises to be a very entertaining event! For advance ticket information visit the main Hall of Fame page on OnePocket.org.

Congratulations to a very deserving group of players!

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
My Thanks

My Thanks

onepocket said:
OnePocket.org is pleased to announce the election of the first six members into the Legends of Bank Pool Hall of Fame. These great players were selected on the basis of their outstanding records in after-hours action and tournament play.

Freddy ‘The Beard’ Bentivegna – Veteran Chicago banking icon who has hunted down the best all over the country.

Truman Hogue – From Louisville, Kentucky. A colorful and talented bank pool player who takes an aggressive approach to the game, Truman is both a tournament and action veteran among the very best for the last 40 years and still going strong. The master of the "straight-back."

Leonard ‘Bugs’ Rucker – Ranked right up near Eddie Taylor as one of the greatest bankers ever. ‘Bugs’ would bet even money that he could throw the cue ball and an object ball onto the table and wherever they stopped, he would bank the ball for the cash.

Billy ‘Cornbread Red’ Burge (posthumous) – Detroit’s finest, born on the Kentucky, Tennessee border. A fearsome money player who also happened to be one of the best bankers ever – especially on 5x10 tables.

Gary Spaeth (posthumous) – From Cincinnati. Son of another player legend, Joey Spaeth, Gary developed a very strong banking game. He won one of the largest pre-Derby City Banks events and was a popular action player who also died way too young.

Eddie Taylor (posthumous) – Generally acknowledged to be the greatest banker of all time. Inducted into the BCA Hall of Fame in 1993, and elected into the One Pocket HOF in 2004.

Induction will take place at the 2nd annual One Pocket Hall of Fame Legends Dinner during the Derby City Classic in Louisville, Kentucky on Tuesday, January 10th, 2006. If you missed last year's dinner, there are photos and a brief recap here: 2005 One Pocket HOF Dinner

This year’s inductees are the first class of the Legends of Bank Pool. Bank Pool has a terrific after-hours tradition and features some of the most colorful and talented players ever to ply their trade with a cue stick. This year’s dinner promises to be a very entertaining event! For advance ticket information visit the main Hall of Fame page on OnePocket.org.

Congratulations to a very deserving group of players!

I just want to take a moment to thank everyone who voted for me and to acknowledge those four great players who didnt make it; Vernon Eliot who had a matchless bank stroke, Donnie Anderson, who beat everybody but Bugs, Tony Fargo Ferguson, who did punish Bugs one session in So Car playing even, and Javenly Youngblood Washington, one of the few people I never thought about playing. (Taylor and Cornbread were the other) Youngblood spotted Bugs ten to eight for many years. I am going to do what I can to get these four champions enrolled next year. Of the dead guys, nobody deserves to be elected next year more than the great John Cannonball Lefty Chapman. He ducked no human and would play until he dropped.
It's a great honor, heartfelt thanks again.

the Beard

Voodoo Daddy

Verified Member
From
Davie, FLA
fred bentivegna said:
I just want to take a moment to thank everyone who voted for me and to acknowledge those four great players who didnt make it; Vernon Eliot who had a matchless bank stroke, Donnie Anderson, who beat everybody but Bugs, Tony Fargo Ferguson, who did punish Bugs one session in So Car playing even, and Javenly Youngblood Washington, one of the few people I never thought about playing. (Taylor and Cornbread were the other) Youngblood spotted Bugs ten to eight for many years. I am going to do what I can to get these four champions enrolled next year. Of the dead guys, nobody deserves to be elected next year more than the great John Cannonball Lefty Chapman. He ducked no human and would play until he dropped.
It's a great honor, heartfelt thanks again.

the Beard

Congrats Freddy...your more that deserving!!

philip guagliardo

Verified Member
FREDDY , congratulations ! pretty good birthday present ! well deserving though . two guys from the bensingers dungeon making the hall of fame where prisoners were not granted a parole ! yes indeed chicago is proud to have some well deserved players inducted . but just remember this ! I'm the real master double deck pinochle player ! i'll take you as a partner anytime though as long as wilkinson is'nt available . but really i'm proud you made it ! I think I know better than anybody how much you devoted your life to the game and how you played with the passion for your whole life . by the way does this tribute qualify me for a part in the movie ? you know I could play a tough guy backer or something ! well anyways happy birthday ! best present you ever got and it did'nt cost me a dime to vote for you ! race track phil

champagne

Verified Member
artie and freddy

artie and freddy

i'm real happy for you and artie.both of you guys deserve the hall of fame.i spent alot of time with you both at one of the great action rooms in the country(northshore billards) what a joint.pool,cards,tossing a coin,ping pong,whatever your game, you got action.thanks to you and artie and lets don t forget the great race-track phil. he took 200 and turned it in to 200.000.or more.pretty good parlay wouldn t you say?thanks for the memories guys,i'm happy for you. sammy(champagne) eubank.