Wei table, suggestions?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
The WEI pool table diagramming tool that is used here as well as all the other message boards is finally :) getting an upgrade. It was originally done by a fellow whose name actually is Wei (I've forgotten if that is his first or last name) for the news group Rec.Sport.Billiards (RSB for short), which is why many times you will see the RSB acronym appearing on the cloth. (I donated a little $ to him to put OnePocket.org on ours).

Anyway, I am excited about his interest in updating the program, and am curious as to what kind of suggestions you all have.

iusedtoberich

Verified Member
Great idea. My suggestions are:

1. A button that automatically puts all 15 balls in the ball return area. Usually when setting up a shot we only need a few key balls. It is easier to move 2 or 3 balls onto the table then remove 12 or 13 balls from the table.

2. This is an extension of the first one.... Have a button for 8 ball, 9 ball, 3 cushion, etc. that will change the table to the game of choice with the proper balls in use, eg. 1-9 for 9 ball, etc..

3. I often have trouble picking the ends of the arrow lines with my mouse to move them. Could more testing be done to make this easier?

4. Our posts often have a before and after situation that is currently done with 2 separate wei codes and tables. Picture this: You set the "before scenerio" on the table. Then on a side toolbar, there is a button that says "new table with same position". This will create a new table with the same ball postions below the 1st table. BUT, both tables will be in the same browser and belonge to the SAME CODE set. Now, the person can make the second table the "after scenerio" by moving a few things around. He will then click "copy" and the copied code will be for BOTH tables. Then when a user from a message board pasted his code, he will get both tables at once.

5. The ability to write text on the tables themselves.

Donovan

Verified Member
From
Fort Worth, TX
More straight arrows.

It would be real nice if some of the angle arrows were pointed at the angle instead of curved.

Cue elevation/angle meter.

Donovan

Verified Member
From
Fort Worth, TX
iusedtoberich said:
Great idea. My suggestions are:

1. A button that automatically puts all 15 balls in the ball return area. Usually when setting up a shot we only need a few key balls. It is easier to move 2 or 3 balls onto the table then remove 12 or 13 balls from the table.

Or at least a Clear the Table button to put everything back in the tray.