One ball onepocket action tonight 200 a game

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Two local players. Spanish Danny (been killing ppl in philly lately) vs Adam Kielar (won that big 1p tourney in Philly last fall). 200 a game. If you go to Ustream and look for the channel Phillyaction.

Table is a GC with tight pockets. They are playing at Drexeline Billiards.

Try this

http://ustre.am/1sDP6

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Also - it looks like Danny(hat) is giving Adam (checkered shirt) a "front to a back". So if Danny has the left uptable pocket, Adam will have the opposite pocket downtable (he gets a front). Usually they will alternate sides (left and right) each game.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Also - it looks like Danny(hat) is giving Adam (checkered shirt) a "front to a back". So if Danny has the left uptable pocket, Adam will have the opposite pocket downtable (he gets a front). Usually they will alternate sides (left and right) each game.

Thank you. I have played quite a bit of one handed one pocket, but it took me a while to figure this out. I have not seen them put a ball up on a scratch. Is it loss of game.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Thank you. I have played quite a bit of one handed one pocket, but it took me a while to figure this out. I have not seen them put a ball up on a scratch. Is it loss of game.

No. It's just ball in hand. So basically loss of game if OP has a shot at their hole.

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD

Mitch

Sorry I missed this, damit!

So, what is the advantage to getting a "front to back" as you described it. Maybe it's too early, but I'm not seeing it?

I've played some one ball, but all fouls were loss of game. Guess this BIH amounts to that anyway.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Anyone care to venture an opinion about how much of a (handicap) difference it is playing a front-to-back vs normal pockets -- with just one ball on the table??

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
Anyone care to venture an opinion about how much of a (handicap) difference it is playing a front-to-back vs normal pockets -- with just one ball on the table??

Steve

I just asked Mitch that question, but I don't see much of an advantage off hand.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Mitch

Sorry I missed this, damit!

So, what is the advantage to getting a "front to back" as you described it. Maybe it's too early, but I'm not seeing it?

I've played some one ball, but all fouls were loss of game. Guess this BIH amounts to that anyway.

Yeah it's not really an advantage with one ball. It's a better spot if you are playing back pocket nine ball game since the 9 often stays downtable early in the game.

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
Yeah it's not really an advantage with one ball. It's a better spot if you are playing back pocket nine ball game since the 9 often stays downtable early in the game.

The only difference I can see is that you can shoot at your hole without fear of leaving a return bank. Who that benefits, the better or worse player, I'm not sure?

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

In this match they ended up betting 300 a game and Adam won 900.

youngstown

Verified Member

So their pockets were diagonal from each other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
The thing i noticed was you never left a easy cross corner and very few straightbacks. I watched some towards the end and Ball in hand came up a few times with Adam missing a very long straight in. It also looked like they were playing two ahead and pay which was a little confusing at first

Last edited:

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

The thing i noticed was you never left a easy cross corner and very few straightbacks. I watched some towards the end and Ball in hand came up a few times with Adam missing a very long straight in. It also looked like they were playing two ahead and pay which was a little confusing atfirst

Nah. It was by the game. That coin the we're moving was just to show which side Adams pocket was on each game.

youngstown

Verified Member

So one person used the kitchen on a scratch and the other used the red zone or was it normal bih

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk