Unifying Format/Seniors 2019

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Since it's a once a yr event, and being over 65 is waaaaaay different than 60.

Play....starting Thur. gives us the needed time to rid us of ALL problems (depends). :lol

Find a number the owner need$ to make Thur. a go, pay em for the time.

Take that number off the top of the Calcutta funds....right there and then and hand it to the owner.

Figure out the calcutta payoff and call match times.

Race to 3 in the Finals with Winner side breaking as always.

After the win, winner buys first round cocktails, I'm in !!! Fun Fun.

In sailing when ya won, we threw ya in the lake. :)

I Really want to see the finals, but never have because of
time.

Us oldsters are running outta time, so lets not Waste time.

Be nice if we all had time to be there for the finals.

I would not skim anything off the calcutta! We want to encourage as much bidding as possible in the calcutta, to get the overall calcutta numbers as high as possible. Skimming could be a deterrent. I doubt a modest green fee would be an issue -- I know it would not for me, and that's not because I have unlimited funds, cuz I don't. If I did I would attend many more events myself and I would also retire tomorrow :D:D But I do have my priorities, and one of them is supporting room owners that support One Pocket players!!!

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I would not skim anything off the calcutta! We want to encourage as much bidding as possible in the calcutta, to get the overall calcutta numbers as high as possible. Skimming could be a deterrent. I doubt a modest green fee would be an issue -- I know it would not for me, and that's not because I have unlimited funds, cuz I don't. If I did I would attend many more events myself and I would also retire tomorrow :D:D But I do have my priorities, and one of them is supporting room owners that support One Pocket players!!!

That works, just tossing out ideas.

baby huey

Verified Member
We Baby Boomers and the Beat Generation are currently playing in these events. I think we'll get more players joining up and I can see a field of at least 48 players happening very soon. We need to take these numbers into consideration when making changes. Having the final 4 play on sunday is the best case scenario. I think the 8 tables available at Bogies is sufficient to host the event assuming they are willing to have us again next year. Great room and great ownership and staff. So how to get to those final day numbers? I think we need to play earlier in the day and just call matches. I think the concerns about elimination on day one can be avoided if we just call other matches instead of putting a player in the position of being eliminated so early. In other words tweak the chart so as to call matches more on the winners side earlier and you'll see we can get to the final four on sunday. Those that are on the winners will get more rest and they'll need it and those who are walking through the left side will have to grin and bear it to the final day. Over and out.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
To piggy back off of Jerry's statement, I too think it will grow, and I believe Bogies wants it to grow. Just look how much positive press Bogies have obtained. I for one want to stop in there when in the area, before this I did not know about them.
Correct some of the format issues to keep on schedule and then everything is on a positive. By using 8 tables, I am still truly amazed just how well this last tournament went, and just towards the end of Sunday's play where matchups were equal, fatigue setting in, defense a bound, matches going hill /hill it got stalled, otherwise it would of been right on schedule.
Truly a great tournament, and well worth the investments of ideas being bounced around on this thread! thanks to Bogies, players that attended, and to those that are posting!