Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2018, 12:23 PM
Verified Member

Interesting about table height and cue measurments. The standard length for a cue for years was 57" and I think the table height was a range between 31 and 33". I could be wrong about that. Those standardizations are probably over 100 years old. But in the last few years, at least with cues, we now see cue lengths all over the place. I remember I had a cue made years ago that was 60" long. I wanted that cue because I played a lot of bar pool and bars just never had any bridges available so I needed the extra length. I have a cue now that has an extender but I rarely use it because I like using the bridge vs that added length. Mr. 3C probably keeps up more on what's happening with billiard cues as I have heard they now are using a 55" cue with a fully tapered shaft low deflection. I think that technology and physics are probably driving these changes. Low deflection technology is now the new area of change........I'll just keep my standard maple shaft as I'm too old to change.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:21 PM
Verified Member

When a friend of mine contacted Dan Janes about a custom cue in, I think, the mid to late '80s, Dan wanted to know how tall he was, how long his arms were and a couple of other points which escape me now. I think his cue wound up being 57 1/2 inches.
My self, I'm 5' 7" and have played with 58 since they became standard. BUT, I've discovered I'm very comfortable with 57".
Old 05-10-2018, 04:52 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr3cushion View Post
This subject was posted over at AZB.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=474216

I'm 5'7".

What do you guys think?

Not just about your heighth. Arm length is a factor. Hand size should also be taken into consideration. People vary in their torso length and leg length even though they may be the same height. Iím 6í3. Golfers take a lot of physical factors in the clubs they play. Pool players should also take in to consideration physical characteristics but thatís not usually the case