Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2018, 06:47 PM
Verified Member

look pretty simple to me
Old 09-29-2018, 12:50 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr3cushion View Post
Here's 50 shots you wont see in a pool room everyday! WOW!

This guy plays every shot with ease! Minimal effort, the CB explodes!

Whitey, pay close attention to his, 'close follow & draw shots!'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=FXBT3Whoo0E
I totally agree! The apparent ease of stroke, but you can tell he is connecting well with the cb and the tip is grabbing creating tremendous speed and spin. Yes, he is stroking straight through on his close proximity draw and follow shots.

I've viewed Billiard Masse' shots before and it seems that at approx. a 75 degree angle is used for a majority of shots! Also, I would like to ask you about masse' cues, for I would like to make one. I believe they are shorter and heavier but I am not familiar with their lengths, weights, and preferred shaft dia. Also he is using a solid leather tip, which I like, but what hardness is preferred?

Thanks for the thread, if I knew all those fun shots could be learned in '69, I would of also took up 3c Billiards! Masse's are dear to my heart, I loved doing Wille Mosconi's two ball in the pocket masse'. My last two shots on my table were masse's. I had an ob in the side pocket, and the cb was in the kitty corner with balls in-between, and I masse'd the cb straight down the side rail and it made an absolute right turn just before the side pocket and went across and made the ball in the side pocket. Then I put the cb back in the corner pocket and masse'd it straight down the side rail and it curved over at fifth diamond and made a ball in the far kitty corner! And that was it I was done playing until 30 yrs. later I set up my table again. Whitey

Last edited by Dennis "Whitey" Young; 09-29-2018 at 01:01 PM.
Old 09-29-2018, 03:38 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis "Whitey" Young View Post
I totally agree! The apparent ease of stroke, but you can tell he is connecting well with the cb and the tip is grabbing creating tremendous speed and spin. Yes, he is stroking straight through on his close proximity draw and follow shots.

I've viewed Billiard Masse' shots before and it seems that at approx. a 75 degree angle is used for a majority of shots! Also, I would like to ask you about masse' cues, for I would like to make one. I believe they are shorter and heavier but I am not familiar with their lengths, weights, and preferred shaft dia. Also he is using a solid leather tip, which I like, but what hardness is preferred?

Thanks for the thread, if I knew all those fun shots could be learned in '69, I would of also took up 3c Billiards! Masse's are dear to my heart, I loved doing Wille Mosconi's two ball in the pocket masse'. My last two shots on my table were masse's. I had an ob in the side pocket, and the cb was in the kitty corner with balls in-between, and I masse'd the cb straight down the side rail and it made an absolute right turn just before the side pocket and went across and made the ball in the side pocket. Then I put the cb back in the corner pocket and masse'd it straight down the side rail and it curved over at fifth diamond and made a ball in the far kitty corner! And that was it I was done playing until 30 yrs. later I set up my table again. Whitey
Whitey; here's the correct specs for a, 'Masse' cue.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=179653

Just make sure the shaft is conic!

Last edited by mr3cushion; 09-29-2018 at 04:34 PM.
Old 09-29-2018, 08:23 PM
Verified Member

Those close follow and draw shots are one of my biggest weaknesses.
He sure made them look like nothing special.