Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2019, 04:00 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 HOLE NUT View Post
Im crossing the 9 ball with inside not really worried about it as much as im trying to cut the 13 at my hole the cue ball should go off the 13 two rails back toward the stack.
This is the shot.i like
Old 03-07-2019, 10:14 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by one pocket guy View Post
Ben I saw that but what happens when the 13 goes into the stack. Might leave a bank and follow cueball shot
I am thinning the 13 so I keep a little pace on the cb focusing on hitting the 9 full. The 13 will 2 rail into the back the 3 with very little momentum so it won’t go into the stack.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:45 PM
Verified Member

I am banking the ball on the rail to move it and caroming the 13 while mostly playing speed to get back high enough to block banks
Old 03-08-2019, 08:06 AM
Verified Member

Here is the other option, looks like newish cloth and clean balls....shoot the 13 to make it with low right and come into the 9. The stoke is like hitting a longish drag shot, high rpm”s lower velocity.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:26 PM
Verified Member

I studied this for a long time and unless you are a lefty, you are going to have to use the bridge to shoot those two balls by your opponents pocket. That fact limits your options. You might consider just making the ball on the rail and roll up to hook the opponent from seeing the ball by your pocket. Other options mentioned by members are all doable. But having to use a bridge changes the equation.
Old 03-08-2019, 02:17 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry matchin View Post
I studied this for a long time and unless you are a lefty, you are going to have to use the bridge to shoot those two balls by your opponents pocket. That fact limits your options. You might consider just making the ball on the rail and roll up to hook the opponent from seeing the ball by your pocket. Other options mentioned by members are all doable. But having to use a bridge changes the equation.
Jerry being left handed it did not occur to me that my RH brethern would be handicapped in this position. There is no doubt that if you involve the bridge the difficulty level is increased dramatically.

If I were playing this RH, I think the CB is close enough where I could comfortably use a extension, I would play my original shot of thinning the 13 and coming back into the 9 full with a bit of pace so the CB moves up the rail to protect the 3/13.

If I have to use a bridge, I am probably going with Jerry, make the 9 and roll up on the 13.
Old 03-08-2019, 04:23 PM
Verified Member

Yeah when Crabbman posted I felt that was best but you better get him there.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:54 PM
Verified Member

I saw the stretch for rh as a issue. Crossing over the 13 to bank it up a foot should be doable with whitey going low towards the shooters hole.
Efren may slow roll the 13 to the foot rail and have whitey move in with it!

There maybe a 3or4ball combo carom in that stack which could be hit to draw behind the 13.

Last edited by unoperro; 03-08-2019 at 09:59 PM.