Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2019, 01:43 PM
Verified Member

You guys realize how much stroke it took to draw the rock to there?
AMAZED that 3 ball didnt just scatter everything
Old 04-25-2019, 10:12 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
Worked out well. But if he hit the 8 ball instead the 11 comes over for a sell out. The average good player isnt good enough to only hit the13 as he did. And maybe he wasn't either.
When he was playing good I watched him drain every 2 railer he shot at off the opponents long rail , he was an absolute master of the shot.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:44 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. View Post

I agree with Mitch's shot and the reasoning for that shot. To me the shot at the 3-ball seems simple to execute because it provides excellent object ball control to bring it two rails toward Cliff's corner and also provides excellent cue ball control to bring it down to the end rail.
101% CORRECT. Not to mention that the two rail shot with the 7ball is medium to high risk. We are playing with a cue, aren't we?

Dr. Bill
Old 04-26-2019, 05:50 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfportdoc View Post
Interesting way to shoot that shot. He obviously wanted to put some steam on the OB, and that's a good way to do it. OTOH I think you could do the same thing with a half tip of high spin-- kind of a "punch" shot. I imagine he intended the CB to get even higher up table.

~Doc
Had he had the angle to follow the ball up table it would have been his first choice but he didn't so he used a low ball with speed. The speed of the shot was very beneficial and drawing the ball was very creative.

Dr. Bill
Old 04-27-2019, 01:00 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincardona View Post
101% CORRECT. Not to mention that the two rail shot with the 7ball is medium to high risk. We are playing with a cue, aren't we?

Dr. Bill
Bill, Please explain how the two rail bank on the seven is a medium to high risk shot for a top player like Cliff.

A solid to top player will not be playing that shot without a firm knowledge of what to expect the object ball would do coming off the second rail.
As I stated earlier, though the three ball bank is a sound shot and carries zero risk, it is not an immediate game winner unless something totally unexpected happens.

I doubt Cliff overlooked the seven ball bank and elected to play the bank on the three instead because he anticipated the seven ball bank would reverse off the second rail. That is something we on the sidelines cannot know. That's just a matter of knowing the table. I strongly doubt Cliff would refrain from playing the seven if he knew otherwise. By drawing the cue ball a short ways up table there would be no sellout to the shot unless the speed were extremely poor and he hit it so hard as to send the object ball back across a second time. Not likely to happen. You must agree the benefits would be huge should the seven ball fall for position is natural.

Tom

"Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com

Last edited by Tom Wirth; 04-27-2019 at 10:45 PM.