Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-16-2019, 12:01 PM
cincy_kid's Avatar
cincy_kid cincy_kid is online now
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Northern KY
Posts: 3,962
Default

Thanks Tom!

I see these come up from time to time, but I guess I just need to practice them more because when I try to do shot #3 in a match, I get the tickie but then my CB doesnt hug the rail and make his ball and I end up selling out.

Keep em coming!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-17-2019, 01:24 PM
jtompilot jtompilot is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 3,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy_kid View Post
Thanks Tom!

I see these come up from time to time, but I guess I just need to practice them more because when I try to do shot #3 in a match, I get the tickie but then my CB doesnt hug the rail and make his ball and I end up selling out.

Keep em coming!
This or it hugs the rail and scratches when you want it to go in the stack.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-17-2019, 04:51 PM
Tom Wirth's Avatar
Tom Wirth Tom Wirth is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Posts: 2,422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy_kid View Post
Thanks Tom!

I see these come up from time to time, but I guess I just need to practice them more because when I try to do shot #3 in a match, I get the tickie but then my CB doesnt hug the rail and make his ball and I end up selling out.

Keep em coming!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtompilot View Post
This or it hugs the rail and scratches when you want it to go in the stack.
Observation is the key to learning these shots. Example: Does the cue ball return too sharply into the rail the second time? If so the angle into the rail may not be direct enough. Try increasing the angle.

Conversely, maybe the cue ball never gets back to the rail a second time. Possibly you hit too deeply behind the ball and caught it too thinly. One way this can happen is if the object ball has more than a ball and a half gap between it and the rail. Experimentation and observation will tell you what you need to know and how to adjust for the situation.

Keep in mind that during practice sessions all the shots you execute have value. Even the ones that don't come out as planned. You may, in a real match, wish to intentionally play that very shot that came out poorly in practice. Don't waste even the errors you preform. They are just as valuable as you successes. Maybe more so.

Tom
__________________

"Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-19-2019, 08:33 AM
Gettherack Gettherack is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 12
Default

Yes Tom is the man for one hole!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-20-2019, 12:23 PM
cincy_kid's Avatar
cincy_kid cincy_kid is online now
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Northern KY
Posts: 3,962
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wirth View Post
Observation is the key to learning these shots. Example: Does the cue ball return too sharply into the rail the second time? If so the angle into the rail may not be direct enough. Try increasing the angle.

Conversely, maybe the cue ball never gets back to the rail a second time. Possibly you hit too deeply behind the ball and caught it too thinly. One way this can happen is if the object ball has more than a ball and a half gap between it and the rail. Experimentation and observation will tell you what you need to know and how to adjust for the situation.

Keep in mind that during practice sessions all the shots you execute have value. Even the ones that don't come out as planned. You may, in a real match, wish to intentionally play that very shot that came out poorly in practice. Don't waste even the errors you preform. They are just as valuable as you successes. Maybe more so.

Tom
Thanks Tom!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All original content Copyright Onepocket.org and/or the original author. All rights reserved.