Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2019, 12:01 PM
Verified Member

Thanks Tom!

I see these come up from time to time, but I guess I just need to practice them more because when I try to do shot #3 in a match, I get the tickie but then my CB doesnt hug the rail and make his ball and I end up selling out.

Keep em coming!
Old 05-17-2019, 01:24 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy_kid View Post
Thanks Tom!

I see these come up from time to time, but I guess I just need to practice them more because when I try to do shot #3 in a match, I get the tickie but then my CB doesnt hug the rail and make his ball and I end up selling out.

Keep em coming!
This or it hugs the rail and scratches when you want it to go in the stack.
Old 05-17-2019, 04:51 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy_kid View Post
Thanks Tom!

Keep em coming!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtompilot View Post
This or it hugs the rail and scratches when you want it to go in the stack.
Observation is the key to learning these shots. Example: Does the cue ball return too sharply into the rail the second time? If so the angle into the rail may not be direct enough. Try increasing the angle.

Conversely, maybe the cue ball never gets back to the rail a second time. Possibly you hit too deeply behind the ball and caught it too thinly. One way this can happen is if the object ball has more than a ball and a half gap between it and the rail. Experimentation and observation will tell you what you need to know and how to adjust for the situation.

Keep in mind that during practice sessions all the shots you execute have value. Even the ones that don't come out as planned. You may, in a real match, wish to intentionally play that very shot that came out poorly in practice. Don't waste even the errors you preform. They are just as valuable as you successes. Maybe more so.

Tom

"Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com
Old 05-19-2019, 08:33 AM

Yes Tom is the man for one hole!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2019, 12:23 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wirth View Post
Observation is the key to learning these shots. Example: Does the cue ball return too sharply into the rail the second time? If so the angle into the rail may not be direct enough. Try increasing the angle.

Conversely, maybe the cue ball never gets back to the rail a second time. Possibly you hit too deeply behind the ball and caught it too thinly. One way this can happen is if the object ball has more than a ball and a half gap between it and the rail. Experimentation and observation will tell you what you need to know and how to adjust for the situation.

Keep in mind that during practice sessions all the shots you execute have value. Even the ones that don't come out as planned. You may, in a real match, wish to intentionally play that very shot that came out poorly in practice. Don't waste even the errors you preform. They are just as valuable as you successes. Maybe more so.

Tom
Thanks Tom!