Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2018, 11:28 PM
Verified Member

straight 12 o clock rail first, CB gets to foot rail, starts to bounce back up table but the high spin keeps it down table for a cut on the 1?
Old 01-12-2018, 11:29 PM
Suspended

My pocket is were the 12 is located, hitting rail first with minimal 5 O'clock English. With the little reverse on the cue ball it will have just draw on it by the time it reaches the 12 ball, it will have just draw on it slide behind the ball softly for position.

If anyone who chose the shot I played would like to post a video of them shooting it, we could compare notes for everyone to learn from.

Old 01-12-2018, 11:57 PM
Verified Member

everyone needs to practice more rail first shots and getting position off them as they are game winning shots often. that what i would shoot here. easy to get on the other side of the 1 ball with the big pockets on this table.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:23 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
everyone needs to practice more rail first shots and getting position off them as they are game winning shots often. that what i would shoot here. easy to get on the other side of the 1 ball with the big pockets on this table.
The pockets are, 4.5".
Old 01-13-2018, 12:39 AM
Verified Member

they are plenty big compared with most of the one pocket tables many of the wwyd thread are on.
your shots are good as many dont know but a tiny fraction of what you do with cue ball movements.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:11 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr3cushion View Post
My pocket is were the 12 is located, hitting rail first with minimal 5 O'clock English. With the little reverse on the cue ball it will have just draw on it by the time it reaches the 12 ball, it will have just draw on it slide behind the ball softly for position.

If anyone who chose the shot I played would like to post a video of them shooting it, we could compare notes for everyone to learn from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF5VXrHIMrc
Interesting, right spin instead of left. Iíll try it.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:47 AM
Verified Member

the key is how far each is from the rail and here they are the same so you can go both ways as in above or under the 1 ball. i prefer to go above the 1 unless there is more space below than this. above you can get across without hitting the 1 ball with just draw.

if the one ball were higher or the 12 lower than going under is the best way.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:07 AM
Suspended

i'd slow roll the 12, rail-first with right english to get the cue to rest on the end rail about center point. this will allow a bank on the 1ball.

Last edited by sausage; 01-13-2018 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:32 PM
Verified Member

He's a 3-cushion player, so he's going to shoot the 12 in with low right English and send the CB around the table for position. You'll have to catch the rail first before contacting the 12.

The shot's been around for a while and a variation of it is shown in one of Eddie Robin's books.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:17 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRock View Post
He's a 3-cushion player, so he's going to shoot the 12 in with low right English and send the CB around the table for position. You'll have to catch the rail first before contacting the 12.

The shot's been around for a while and a variation of it is shown in one of Eddie Robin's books.
Right english different result. Might want to check out his video posted.