Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-15-2019, 01:13 PM
ideologist ideologist is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 10
Default Gotta love a good break

Was pretty pleased with this one and had to photograph it
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-15-2019, 02:35 PM
jrhendy's Avatar
jrhendy jrhendy is online now
Verified Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Placerville, CA
Posts: 4,413
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideologist View Post
Was pretty pleased with this one and had to photograph it
That is a good one, must have double kissed the cue ball to get there. Opponent will have to take a scratch or try a risky shot to make the ball in your hole.
__________________
JOHN HENDERSON
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-15-2019, 03:01 PM
lll lll is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: vero beach fl
Posts: 14,343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideologist View Post
Was pretty pleased with this one and had to photograph it
how do you get the balls to not fall to the foot rail like that???
nice break
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-15-2019, 04:03 PM
ideologist ideologist is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 10
Default

I miss the head ball on purpose and play inside into the second ball. The back balls don't run far, but that corner ball leaks right out to the opponent's hole. If you hit it right, you hide the cueball under it.

This was special because the two balls high up cover the ball hanging in my pocket, and he's in jail under the 9. Usually the 9 is covering it a little but he can reply somewhat. This game was over after his second shot.

Last edited by ideologist; 03-15-2019 at 04:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-15-2019, 05:05 PM
unoperro's Avatar
unoperro unoperro is online now
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,274
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhendy View Post
That is a good one, must have double kissed the cue ball to get there. Opponent will have to take a scratch or try a risky shot to make the ball in your hole.
Thats a 1 rail kick all players need to have a feel for
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-15-2019, 05:46 PM
ideologist ideologist is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoperro View Post
Thats a 1 rail kick all players need to have a feel for
The 8-15 cluster blocks the direct kick
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-15-2019, 06:21 PM
NH Steve's Avatar
NH Steve NH Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 8,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideologist View Post
I miss the head ball on purpose and play inside into the second ball. The back balls don't run far, but that corner ball leaks right out to the opponent's hole. If you hit it right, you hide the cueball under it.

This was special because the two balls high up cover the ball hanging in my pocket, and he's in jail under the 9. Usually the 9 is covering it a little but he can reply somewhat. This game was over after his second shot.
That is an very interesting break technique that I have not heard of. Sometimes we joke about a good "road break" when the cue ball kisses a ball along that side of the rack and you get lucky and instead of scratching you land kind of like this. But to come off the second ball on purpose shooting for this -- I am going to have to give this break a try
__________________
"One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
-- Strawberry Brooks
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-15-2019, 06:31 PM
ideologist ideologist is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Steve View Post
That is an very interesting break technique that I have not heard of. Sometimes we joke about a good "road break" when the cue ball kisses a ball along that side of the rack and you get lucky and instead of scratching you land kind of like this. But to come off the second ball on purpose shooting for this -- I am going to have to give this break a try
I'll set up a camera and record it, it definitely has more risk but I shoot it exclusively and am usually getting the best of it
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-15-2019, 07:09 PM
jtompilot jtompilot is online now
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 3,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideologist View Post
The 8-15 cluster blocks the direct kick
There is the spin, one rail kick. I sometimes practice it.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-15-2019, 07:34 PM
jrhendy's Avatar
jrhendy jrhendy is online now
Verified Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Placerville, CA
Posts: 4,413
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtompilot View Post
There is the spin, one rail kick. I sometimes practice it.
I practice it too, but I think the cue ball is too close to the ball next to it to see enough rail to try it.
__________________
JOHN HENDERSON
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All original content Copyright Onepocket.org and/or the original author. All rights reserved.