Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2019, 03:25 PM
Verified Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy_kid View Post
Congrats buddy!

Now I know the spot I got when we played isn't out of line..

Good shooting!
How about we just call em ''spot''? Nice win.
no link....

Last edited by Island Drive; 04-02-2019 at 08:25 AM.
Old 04-01-2019, 11:29 PM
Verified Member

Default thanks guys

Thank yall very much, i had a blast

Me. "Sure"
Old 04-02-2019, 04:00 AM
Verified Member

Congratulations, Jason "One Hole Nut" Moran.

First, I wasn't surprised that you beat the field of players in the Melee. Dan "ChicagoFats" Moran asked who I thought would win the tournament. I mentioned you. I only wanted to buy one player in the Calcutta. You. But who's going to outbid Bill "Big Money" Rowsey? So I backed off. Why he didn't take you in the blind bid was confusing to me. It still is.

Second, in our first game of our three game match, you got out of every trap like you were a "Filipino" Mississippian and I scratched every time trying to get out of your traps. I think the score of the first game was 8 to minus 6. I think I got lucky to get to minus 6. You easily knocked me out in three games. If I didn't say it after our match, I'm saying it now, "Great shooting."

Third, a lot of other players were also right on target, most notably Tom Wirth and Robert Newkirk. Both play exceptional one pocket. You can learn a lot from that duo by just watching their matches. As a side note: I appreciate all the friendships that have been possible through OnePocket.Org. I also appreciate the hospitality shown by Bill Rowsey. Finally, I hope to see everyone again in Philadelphia. Take care.
Old 04-02-2019, 07:04 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
Congratulations, Jason "One Hole Nut" Moran.

First, I wasn't surprised that you beat the field of players in the Melee. Dan "ChicagoFats" Moran asked who I thought would win the tournament. I mentioned you. I only wanted to buy one player in the Calcutta. You. But who's going to outbid Bill "Big Money" Rowsey? So I backed off. Why he didn't take you in the blind bid was confusing to me. It still is.

Second, in our first game of our three game match, you got out of every trap like you were a "Filipino" Mississippian and I scratched every time trying to get out of your traps. I think the score of the first game was 8 to minus 6. I think I got lucky to get to minus 6. You easily knocked me out in three games. If I didn't say it after our match, I'm saying it now, "Great shooting."

Third, a lot of other players were also right on target, most notably Tom Wirth and Robert Newkirk. Both play exceptional one pocket. You can learn a lot from that duo by just watching their matches. As a side note: I appreciate all the friendships that have been possible through OnePocket.Org. I also appreciate the hospitality shown by Bill Rowsey. Finally, I hope to see everyone again in Philadelphia. Take care.
Since I was not there I have to appreciate all of this vicariously -- and this right here that you posted says a lot to me, and for me!! If it was not for you all, WHO MAKE THINGS HAPPEN here at onepocket.org, the fact that I am the one behind onepocket.org would be meaningless.

Many thanks to Bill Rousey, John and Jeanne Long, Bill Meyers for streaming, One Hole Nut for all kinds of things, John Crabb also, and anyone else I missed, for making this happen!

Congratulations to Jason, Tom, Newkirk and all the others who were able to go and support this event, that Rowsey so generously hosts!!!
Old 04-02-2019, 08:26 AM
Verified Member

After all said and done, the format and rules for this event, how did that part of it work out?
no link....
Old 04-02-2019, 09:54 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Drive View Post
After all said and done, the format and rules for this event, how did that part of it work out?
Ran smooth
I believe if they wanted to play late Sat ( They quit tourney around 7 pm I believe) they would have finished mid pm Sunday.
Old 04-02-2019, 10:53 AM
Verified Member

Thumbs up Great Shooting

Jason, Congrats on the win. Man, you played well. I was happy to see you win it.

Tom and I tried to use all our experience to beat you, to no avail.

I sweated quite a bit of your match while driving home, and you were moving very well with Tom.

The friendliness and spirit of our 1pkt community was on full display. Lots of action, 20 all the way to 200 game action. No tempers flaring.

I had a great time Dustin Miller and John Crabb ran the tourney very well. Jeannie was very tedious and efficient with the charts. She also has a very good touch on the golf game.

Hope to see everyone in Philly.

P.S.; I found out that at 70 it is hard to play 15 hrs of pool on Thursday and not pay for it with leg cramps all night long.

Again, many thanks to Bill Rowsey, what a host.
Old 04-03-2019, 01:35 PM
Verified Member

Smile

Congrats to Jason and Tom.Well deserved guys.