Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2019, 12:19 PM
Verified Member

Default spot shot wwyd

THREAD TITLE IS MISLEADING
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SHOOT THE SPOT SHOT JUST WWYD
here is a little wwyd since we havent had one in a while and i know how much fun it is to talk about rules......
your opponent scratched .....its your shot (in this case danny di but it doesnt matter )
what do you do if you need 1 or you need 2?
please explain where you put the cue ball and how you hit it
Name:  danny di spot shot wwyd.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  37.3 KB

Last edited by lll; 04-16-2019 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 01:33 PM
Verified Member

IMO, if you need one ball, just shoot it in and live with the results. On the other hand, needing two is quite different. You could try to draw to the side rail and open up the ball on the rail for a shot to your hole, (assuming you made the spotted ball) but this shot requires good ball pocketing skills and cueball control.

I think I'd shoot the spotted ball and attempt to hit the ball on the rail directly after making the spot shot and live with the results.

For those who are afraid to shoot, you could play safe off either the spotted ball or the ball on the rail. I hate this shot because I don't want to pass up the possibility of winning while safeing my cash away.
Old 04-16-2019, 01:54 PM
Verified Member

If I need two, I'd shoot the spot shot and draw the CB to the long rail and try to get behind the other ball so I could get out.

If I need two, I'd shoot the spot shot and two rail the CB down table to the back rail.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:00 PM
Verified Member

If it's an important game and the pressure is on I'm not putting the game on the line with the spot shot, especially with draw. Too many memories of me missing it and loosing from there come to mind.
The pressure has to be considered as to how your arm will respond with the draw shot.
Needing one or two this would be my option, while sticking the cue ball there on the rail.. I don't mind working for it.

Name:  important game.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  36.4 KB
Old 04-16-2019, 06:15 PM
Verified Member

While only a "fair" shooter as "shootin@urholeisOVERATED", whether I need one or two, I could not pass shooting at this spot shot. The object is to position the CB where I can roll the spotted ball to my hole, and get the CB to at least the side pocket on his side without bringing the OB across to his side should I miss the hole.

That would probably be on the string line, maybe two diamonds off the side rail or thereabouts. I make about 2 out of 10 of these.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:41 PM
Verified Member

Iím shooting the spot shot. I want the QB to end up by the second diamond. Then Iím going rail first cut shot on the remaining ball.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:06 PM
Verified Member

I like not drawing the ball, but positioning the cue ball so I hit the ball by the opponents pocket Full. My set up of the spot shot is based on this natural carom angle. When I make the spotted ball, I'll kick the other ball two rails toward my side. Long rail bank to win it. If I miss the spot shot, I'll still knock the ball away from opponents pocket and the spotted ball will be in the table middle if missed short or long.
no link....
Old 04-16-2019, 07:56 PM
Verified Member

Needing only one, I'd select the spot shot. Place the CB on a line from his head corner pocket to the OB, then aim at one-half ball hit. Make or miss, the CB rolls back up to where you started, leaving no shot for the opponent if you miss.

Needing both of them, there is no way to carom out the opponent's ball without using some type of low spin, unless you're willing to put the CB at the center of the head string to start. But there again, with a little low on the CB, making the spot shot ought to also bump the last ball away. Then see what shot is left from there. IMO coming to the side rail first, then kicking the ball is very tricky.

There's no question that Danny D. will make the spot shot, then kick out the remaining ball. Both Danny's are great shot makers.

~Doc
Old 04-16-2019, 08:23 PM
Verified Member

I would shoot the spot shot using a little inside high letting my cue ball miss the other object ball. Shooting a little softer than a normal stroke for a spot shot allows for better control and a better percentage of success. If Iím too afraid to shoot the spot shot, I should quit playing pool. Thatís me though.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:35 PM
Verified Member

spot shot and drawing to where ever you want on the side rail is an easy shot and should not be missed often. if you cant make that shot with confidence you need a lot of practice at it as it comes up often and is the game decider..