Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2019, 01:18 PM
Verified Member

Default cliffs shot wwyd

cliff is playing kim bennett
its cliffs shot
wwyd ?
Name:  joyner bennet wwyd 1.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  68.5 KB

Name:  joyner bennett wwyd 2.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  83.3 KB
Old 04-22-2019, 01:36 PM
Verified Member

Default cliffs shot wwyd

I’d jam that 3 ball 2 rails into those balls on my long rail, while following forward to use the stack as a blocker if I can. May absolutely make a ball.
Old 04-22-2019, 01:47 PM
Verified Member

Think its sitting perfect to 2 rail the 7 and whitey goes up to top right corner.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:30 PM
Verified Member

i would leave him up table on his side so all those balls down by my hole would still be there later on.

so the two rail bank or something else like ticking the ball in front of it and coming up table.. and i dont mind those three balls being there as a blocker for balls below them.
Old 04-22-2019, 05:27 PM
Verified Member

I like Mitch’s shot but Cliff might have 2railed the 7 with a stun stroke cueball into the 1 and ran out
Old 04-22-2019, 06:36 PM
Verified Member

OPG, you beat me to the shot. I was in the process of posting this very thought when I was interrupted by my next student ringing the door bell. Good call!

Here was what I was writing at the time.

The two rail bank on the three is a fine play drifting the cue ball a couple inches forward and sticking it onto the nine ball.
An alternative shot might be to two rail the seven ball ( the ball near Cliff's side rail ) Side rail / side rail ) stunning the cue ball up table about one or two diamonds.This area is a safe location as long as he controls the speed of the object ball. If Cliff knows the ball won't back up on him on the second rail the shot can go and pay big dividends.

Tom

"Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com
Old 04-22-2019, 08:02 PM
Verified Member

Now that you mention it, Tom, how would you hit such a 2-railer so that it won't back up at the second rail? I get surprised too often. Cliff probably knows, but I don't.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:07 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapros View Post
Now that you mention it, Tom, how would you hit such a 2-railer so that it won't back up at the second rail? I get surprised too often. Cliff probably knows, but I don't.
Interesting shot Bill, and a lot of its success depends on the table. From this angle and on this table the shot may not be possible. Then again if hit with a touch of right hand english and a fairly full hit so as to reduce counter clockwise spin on the OB, and by using just enough speed to get the ball to the pocket the ball may drift towards the foot rail after striking the second of the two rails.

Cutting the ball to the left will likely cause the object ball to pick up a bit of cut induced english and spin the ball counter clockwise possibly causing it to reverse and flatten out too much after hitting the second rail. I think it would be important to keep the object ball from acquiring any counter clockwise rotation coming off that first rail.

Gold Crowns allow for these shots to play better but with these narrow angles even GCs can back up.

Tom

"Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com
Old 04-22-2019, 09:19 PM
Verified Member

My shot was already discussed, but what was not discussed is that whatever shot Cliff shoots, he asked someone if he could hold $100. hahahaha

See most of you soon.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:12 PM
Verified Member

You can win the game two railing the 7.