Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2019, 04:15 PM
Verified Member

Default Interesting situation

You have a ball frozen to the rail, and another ball frozen to the ball on the rail. Are both balls considered frozen (dead to that rail), or just the one touching it? I guess this situation came up recently in a pro 9 ball match, and they decided both balls were considered frozen to the rail. I could see this coming up playing 1 pocket, and was wondering what your thoughts were on this!

Old 06-02-2019, 05:40 PM
Verified Member

No way in hell would that 2 be considered frozen to the rail, because it is not touching the rail.
That rail is 'alive' for the 2, and 'not alive' for the 3. Alive: means the rail can be used to play a legal shot.

Therefore just tapping the 2 to the rail and leaving the 3 in-between the 2 and cb is the shot, and a legal shot.

The bare basics of a legal shot: upon contacting your intended ob then either the cb or an ob must contact a rail! Do this simple task and you have a legal shot.

That was a yuppie call! Good Grief!!! Whitey

Last edited by Dennis "Whitey" Young; 06-02-2019 at 05:52 PM.
Old 06-02-2019, 05:59 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis "Whitey" Young View Post
No way in hell would that 2 be considered frozen to the rail, because it is not touching the rail.
That rail is 'alive' for the 2, and 'not alive' for the 3. Alive: means the rail can be used to play a legal shot.

Therefore just tapping the 2 to the rail and leaving the 3 in-between the 2 and cb is the shot, and a legal shot.

The bare basics of a legal shot: upon contacting your intended ob then either the cb or an ob must contact a rail! Do this simple task and you have a legal shot.

A yuppie call?....lol
Old 06-02-2019, 06:38 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
A yuppie call?....lol
Yup..............
no link....
Old 06-02-2019, 07:08 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis "Whitey" Young View Post

I can't imagine any opinion other than this one.
Old 06-03-2019, 12:38 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory in dc View Post
I can't imagine any opinion other than this one.
Playing any game.

Nick B

Name: Nick Beretanos
Old 06-03-2019, 06:13 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldon View Post
You have a ball frozen to the rail, and another ball frozen to the ball on the rail. Are both balls considered frozen (dead to that rail), or just the one touching it? I guess this situation came up recently in a pro 9 ball match, and they decided both balls were considered frozen to the rail. I could see this coming up playing 1 pocket, and was wondering what your thoughts were on this!

What pro player would even believe the two was frozen. The three is contacting the rail period. That's the only ball frozen. Maybe someone was trying to get over. You know how those nine ball players can be lol.
Old 06-03-2019, 08:52 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldon View Post

Who are THEY?
no link....
Old 06-03-2019, 09:50 AM
Verified Member

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nzuCm8L6Z5CnAsAk8
The video does not do the shot justice, for the ob does not look angled enough upon the ball frozen to the rail, but it is!

I was shocked to see this layout, for this is the exact 'Squeeze Bank' that I discovered back when I was 18, in '69. I just set it up different to be made in the corner pocket for this is OP. 2 in the side, all day! I believe it is set up on a pretty steep angle, but hit it very thin, and I believe it will go!

This shot never came up even once during my matches, just one time in practice and I figured it out. But here it is!

For those that do not know what I am referring to then go to 'Squeeze Bank' pg. 2 Bank Forum. There is also a slight variation 'great shot' that Steve makes that is video represented.

Try this shot in the side, you'll like it! Whitey

Last edited by Dennis "Whitey" Young; 06-03-2019 at 10:01 AM.
Old 06-03-2019, 12:59 PM
Verified Member

This question is unbelievable. How can a ball be frozen to the rail if it isn't touching a rail?