Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2019, 03:32 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis "Whitey" Young View Post
In following the last few posts whereas allowing younger players, I believe the Sr.'s has enough players as is! Correct?
I mean, its present age required format is growing in participation numbers, correct?
8 tables, 32 players max, but I don't think we've hit that yet.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:33 PM
Verified Member

I talked to Rizzo.

He will try to have an answer for us next week.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:41 PM
Verified Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJohn View Post
I talked to Rizzo.

He will try to have an answer for us next week.
RizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzoH....Oh NO not him........again. The Only man I ever saw overbid his own bid. Houston 2016
no link....
Old 06-19-2019, 12:58 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Drive View Post
RizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzoH....Oh NO not him........again. The Only man I ever saw overbid his own bid. Houston 2016
Along with Tall Jeff, John Rizzo was the very strongest supporter of our Super Senior and Senior tournaments. David Richardson, the owner at the time of our first two, sold Bogies and the new owner (very new at the time) went along with John to support our Senior tournament last year. It's not entirely clear that he thinks it's good business to put as much money into it as Bogies has done in the past. ($2000 added, 3 1/2 days of free pool, and two catered meals for 30 of us.)

When talking to John I really wanted to tell him that as much as we appreciated it, they could reduce the added money and save several hundred on catering and it would be A-OK with us, but John's style is to do things first class, and the suggestion might almost feel insulting. If the decision were his we'd get everything we want and more.

But fingers crossed. We ain't dead yet!
Old 06-19-2019, 02:07 PM
Verified Member

If they are not going to have the Seniors in Houston, someone call Chris and have it at California Billiards. 62 and up. Or sixty and up
Old 06-19-2019, 02:52 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrzbill View Post
If they are not going to have the Seniors in Houston, someone call Chris and have it at California Billiards. 62 and up. Or sixty and up
If your over 60 and under 65, and you play in the 65 and older group, then we should get all the breaks.

Remember Scrzbill, some of us are already in our 70's and MORE. I know I'm 70 in a few weeks. San Jose sounds good to me. But NO one under 60 should be allowed, unless we get a ball or 2, like the Canadian age graph. LOL
no link....
Old 06-19-2019, 03:33 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Drive View Post
If your over 60 and under 65, and you play in the 65 and older group, then we should get all the breaks.

Remember Scrzbill, some of us are already in our 70's and MORE. I know I'm 70 in a few weeks. San Jose sounds good to me. But NO one under 60 should be allowed, unless we get a ball or 2, like the Canadian age graph. LOL
Youíre not kidding. I waited years to play in the Super Seniors only for it to be discontinued.
Old 06-19-2019, 03:42 PM
Administrator

My humble opinion. I think 65 is fine. The super senior was a little tougher to gather players, but I donít see any need to drop below 65. I only went to one of them ó last years ó and the fact that all of the players are genuine veterans of the game was REALLY SPECIAL. I would stay with the 65 minimum and continue building the base of senior players we have.

I also agree that if the money added needs to be adjusted or we can look for outside sponsorship ó the tournament needs to work for the room owner, so make the adjustments if that makes it work.

Then getting the dates and details out there so each and every one of us can recruit new players. You know damn well if people come once they will want to come back!!
Old 06-19-2019, 08:36 PM
Verified Member

I was sorry to hear from Jeff that both he and Rizzo are having some health problems. I hope it won't effect the tourney and of course I'm hoping they are both OK.

Rodney Stephens.
(e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working
Old 06-19-2019, 11:42 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by androd View Post
I was sorry to hear from Jeff that both he and Rizzo are having some health problems. I hope it won't effect the tourney and of course I'm hoping they are both OK.
Iíll send some prayers their way.