Question about inside english

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
I am having a problem carrying inside English to the second rail to extend the cue balls path on the second rail for position. I know it doesn't come up often to have to use this but I have seen it done...

Anybody care to expound?

B

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
I am having a problem carrying inside English to the second rail to extend the cue balls path on the second rail for position. I know it doesn't come up often to have to use this but I have seen it done...

Anybody care to expound?

B

Either change the angle you are entering the first rail or load the cue ball heavier. I will say that a diagram word help immensely in addressing your question.

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
hi billie are you concentrating on your follow thru? when i play 3 cushion the better the follow thru the longer the spin stays with the cue ball. keith

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Keith

Keith

thanks, that worked... I was trying ghost's position shot... draw the cue off the first rail and then the inside takes the cue three rails for position...

B

the more I concentrated on the stroke and not the shot the better it worked... now if I can only remember that...lol

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Question about inside english

thanks, that worked... I was trying ghost's position shot... draw the cue off the first rail and then the inside takes the cue three rails for position...

B

the more I concentrated on the stroke and not the shot the better it worked... now if I can only remember that...lol

Glad you worked it out Bille. Now you're not allowed to use that against me on Saturday :)

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member

Anybody care to expound?

B
hi billie are you concentrating on your follow thru? when i play 3 cushion the better the follow thru the longer the spin stays with the cue ball. keith

B

I think this means you weren't hitting the cue ball where you intended to (maybe you were unconsciously steering your stroke to avoid miscuing) - focusing on your follow through kept your stroke straight through the cue ball. It helps me to also aim my stroke (tip) at a specific target past the cue ball (maybe on or near the object ball) - good for stroke and aim.

pj
chgo

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
You don't have to draw that shot - you can use 3 or 9 o'clock as well, depending on which way you're going.

Last edited: