Oscar

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
How much op does he play? I'd like to see how he plays because he sure is a beast in 9ball .......

I would say he plays it well and a notch below the top players, only because he does not focus much on one pocket. I have known and played with his dad Ernesto for years, since around the late 70's when he came to CA and we played at the original Hard Times in Costa Mesa.

I expect we might see him match up in one pocket at some point, but he stays pretty busy. This season the Mezz West Tour he and his wife run had quite a few events. I think the last tournament is next month at Hard Times, Sacramento so I will see him there.

poolisboring

Verified Member
From
toledo
I would say he plays it well and a notch below the top players, only because he does not focus much on one pocket. I have known and played with his dad Ernesto for years, since around the late 70's when he came to CA and we played at the original Hard Times in Costa Mesa.

I expect we might see him match up in one pocket at some point, but he stays pretty busy. This season the Mezz West Tour he and his wife run had quite a few events. I think the last tournament is next month at Hard Times, Sacramento so I will see him there.
you guys are lucky to have so many top players at an event at places such as hard times, i envy you...... we have a few good players here, danny and shane, mc aninch, and timmy but not like the tons of good players in your area.......i was always a big fan of ernesto, and now oscar, great players.......

El Chapo

Verified Member
I always got the impression he was a poor one pocket player, not from anything I witnessed just from not seeing him play it at all. Hendy I'm sure knows better than me though.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
you guys are lucky to have so many top players at an event at places such as hard times, i envy you...... we have a few good players here, danny and shane, mc aninch, and timmy but not like the tons of good players in your area.......i was always a big fan of ernesto, and now oscar, great players.......

Oscar and his dad, great players and greater people! The support and warmth those two show for each other is an inspiration.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Oscar recently got married. He is focused in cultivating his place in the industry. Not just as a player but as an entrepeneur. He still loves the game and is always challenging himself.
His one pocket game is developing every day. I recently saw him shooting shots that he didnt a year ago. His thin cut cross banks are deadly. Always a threat to win and has no fear. Mostly like his father plays with the utmost professional attitude.
If he focused himself purely on the game he would be a monster. But Im sure his focus now is to take care of his family first.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Oscar recently got married. He is focused in cultivating his place in the industry. Not just as a player but as an entrepeneur. He still loves the game and is always challenging himself.
His one pocket game is developing every day. I recently saw him shooting shots that he didnt a year ago. His thin cut cross banks are deadly. Always a threat to win and has no fear. Mostly like his father plays with the utmost professional attitude.
If he focused himself purely on the game he would be a monster. But Im sure his focus now is to take care of his family first.

He and his dad are great guys. Friendly, good natured, well liked. I have seen Oscar practice noting but cue ball safes for hours with just two or three balls on the table. His nine ball game has improved but he is on the cusp of being a top notch player. If he makes it to the next level, it will be because of his determination with practice to be a better player. He is a determined man as evidenced by their successful Mezz tour, now in its second year(Third?).
His one pocket game isnt as good as his dads because he has just taken up playing the game in the past few years. He still is a monster because of his skills in nine ball. As table mechanics, they are the premier team on the best coast. These are the type of people pool needs.:D