Golf

chief

Verified Member
Howard Kronenwirth(Sp) Doc. Taught me how to play three cushion and was a fair golf player. Frank Torres was the best golf player in there and unbeatable with two balls each.

Frank Torres was and still is a great billiard player that plays golf really well as does Carlos. Frank was working at College Billiards in SD a few years ago where there was a golf game going on all day and night every day.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Very interesting, the overlap between three cushion and golf. I like golf already -- even though I have never played it lol :D

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Howard Kronenwirth(Sp) Doc. Taught me how to play three cushion and was a fair golf player. Frank Torres was the best golf player in there and unbeatable with two balls each.
Yes, Kronenwirth. Thanks. Howard was a great natural player. Seems to me that he never learned a system-- strictly feel. Is that right?

There was a murderous crew at Tiff's in those days: Allen Gilbert, Frank Torres, Howard, and several other top players whose names escape me. Tiff, of course, was an excellent player himself.

The 3C/Golf affinity probably has something to do with a player's spatial imagination in regards multiple cushion shots and layouts.

~Doc

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Yes, Kronenwirth. Thanks. Howard was a great natural player. Seems to me that he never learned a system-- strictly feel. Is that right?

There was a murderous crew at Tiff's in those days: Allen Gilbert, Frank Torres, Howard, and several other top players whose names escape me. Tiff, of course, was an excellent player himself.

The 3C/Golf affinity probably has something to do with a player's spatial imagination in regards multiple cushion shots and layouts.

~Doc

Howard was a great guy Doc, with an interesting job. He worked for Disney and was the guy who signed Walt Disney's name to everything.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Howard was a great guy Doc, with an interesting job. He worked for Disney and was the guy who signed Walt Disney's name to everything.
Interesting! I knew he worked for the studios, but didn't know about the signature. Tiff's had a lot of industry guys as regulars: writers, technical guys, etc. And as you know, Tiff and his wife were prominent hoofers in their day. Tiff was very light on his feet, and cut a nice figure moving around the 3C table..:)

~Doc