Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-01-2019, 03:57 PM
Drop Pocket's Avatar
Drop Pocket Drop Pocket is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 99
Default

Welcome, guys! One Pocket is, arguably, the best game on the table! I highly recommend getting Tom Wirth's book, "One Pocket: A Game of Controlled Aggression". Tom also sells DVDs and has a bunch of stuff on YouTube. Along with Tom Wirth there are a lot of others here with a ton of knowledge for you to absorb. This is the place to be if you want to learn One Pocket!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-01-2019, 08:04 PM
beatle beatle is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,046
Default

you have been here for 15 years and only have 99 posts?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-01-2019, 11:32 PM
youngstownkid's Avatar
youngstownkid youngstownkid is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,405
Default New To One Pocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop Pocket View Post
Welcome, guys! One Pocket is, arguably, the best game on the table! I highly recommend getting Tom Wirth's book, "One Pocket: A Game of Controlled Aggression". Tom also sells DVDs and has a bunch of stuff on YouTube. Along with Tom Wirth there are a lot of others here with a ton of knowledge for you to absorb. This is the place to be if you want to learn One Pocket!


He beat me to it. Tomís book helped me make sense of things that were escaping me. After I read his book a light came on. I didnít master anything right away, but I didnít feel lost anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-02-2019, 07:06 AM
NH Steve's Avatar
NH Steve NH Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 8,358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
you have been here for 15 years and only have 99 posts?
We had a member recently who had joined about that long ago, and made his first post last year. Not everyone likes to post. In general, we have a lot more readers than we do posters -- but now that we have established that posting is necessary to qualify for our member tournaments, that is another incentive to post.
__________________
"One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
-- Strawberry Brooks
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-02-2019, 10:27 AM
beatle beatle is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,046
Default

another good reason is that you are getting free benefit of others work posting and not contributing when able to add things of value.

it can be a good way of saying thank you to all those that took their own personal time to help others with the addition of knowledge by giving something back.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-02-2019, 12:17 PM
unoperro's Avatar
unoperro unoperro is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,361
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
another good reason is that you are getting free benefit of others work posting and not contributing when able to add things of value.

it can be a good way of saying thank you to all those that took their own personal time to help others with the addition of knowledge by giving something back.
You dont know unless you ask
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All original content Copyright Onepocket.org and/or the original author. All rights reserved.