san francisco pool halls

andre700

i'm moving to san francisco.can you tell me where to go?small money games,leagues and tournaments?

suki

Verified Member
From
Santa Cruz, Ca.
If no one else is going to respond????

If no one else is going to respond????

The Palacade is way out on the MIssion and it resides in a large old theater with way high ceilings and the remants of the theater are all around inside which makes it nostalgic but not very condusive for pool. I went to a Pechauer tournament there a few months ago and they have no parking lot so finding a spot was unreal, took a half hour and then a long walk. They have old amf tables which they recover for the tournaments and the cloth is nice but tables are bukcets and they are crammed together, with hardly any room. No where for specators to really sit. Tournament director even had to stand and use a pool table for tournament board. That part of town can be scary too but in S.F. a lot of areas can be that way. Nice owners and they support pool which is great but I would not travel their for action or fun.
P.s.
I think they have about 20 tables, and a bar table up front squeezed in. Too much squeezing.