Future one pocket .org tournaments feedback

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I've been thinking for a while now about a idea for our future tournaments and would like some feedback. I think we keep entries and auctions etc as is. I like the idea we don't drag money out of the tournament pot.
But also use these tournaments as a fundraiser to help support one pocket.org by asking for a strictly voluntary small donation at the door for our players like 10-20 bucks ea. to be passed on to Steve to help the website out as he sees fit. I'm not even suggesting 50 bucks. I don't want to deter future entries by making it too expensive or make anyone feel uncomfortable if they don't have the cash. Just a small voluntary, private donation jar to show our support. You can throw any amount you want in there. We could even set up the jar at the tournament desk for locals to donate money also. What do you all think?

chicagomike

Verified Member
I've been thinking for a while now about a idea for our future tournaments and would like some feedback. I think we keep entries and auctions etc as is. I like the idea we don't drag money out of the tournament pot.
But also use these tournaments as a fundraiser to help support one pocket.org by asking for a strictly voluntary small donation at the door for our players like 10-20 bucks ea. to be passed on to Steve to help the website out as he sees fit. I'm not even suggesting 50 bucks. I don't want to deter future entries by making it too expensive or make anyone feel uncomfortable if they don't have the cash. Just a small voluntary, private donation jar to show our support. You can throw any amount you want in there. We could even set up the jar at the tournament desk for locals to donate money also. What do you all think?

I’m not sure about using a jar as opposed to a box, but I think it’s a good idea!:eek:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Theres nothing to keep people from donating to the cause at anytime. Some members donate yearly to Steve at the DCC. Some members donate their time and effort streaming events. Some members donate their time making posters for events. Just make sure that after you collect at the tournament in Memphis, that at least 20% of the donations get back to Steve. I know their are overhead cost.:cool::D

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Theres nothing to keep people from donating to the cause at anytime. Some members donate yearly to Steve at the DCC. Some members donate their time and effort streaming events. Some members donate their time making posters for events. Just make sure that after you collect at the tournament in Memphis, that at least 20% of the donations get back to Steve. I know their are overhead cost.:cool::D

I was always good at math. So 20% would be 2 dollars out of every hundred? right?:heh

unoperro

Verified Member
This is what is so great about this Org.
Everyone loves the game and wants to support it.
Many realize the impact the org has on the game.
I am proud to be a member!