A. Pagulayan vs. S. Frost

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
I would.....

I would.....

.....2 rail the 12[pink striped ball] hard into the 6 and 14 and leave CB on bottom rail or lay up against the 6,14 off the 7 ball..

Jimmy B

Verified Member

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
thin the 2 to free up the nine and leave the cue on the short rail as close to the 7 as possible

It would be good to open up the 2-9...but the problem with this choice is....if my opponent shot that on me - I would respond by banking the 13, 2, or 9ball (whichever one I had the best angle on) 2 rails to my pocket/6&14balls, and come off the long and short rails, leaving the cueball snookered behind the 3ball - in huge trouble...and if no clear 2-rail bank path was available on any of those three balls - then instead I'd clear out a couple of those same balls and still put the cueball snookered behind the 3ball.

Jimmy....at first glance it looked to me like your shot was the dead-nuts choice...but after looking again, now I'd say it's one of two good choices...the other being...

...from the overhead pic, it looks like the cueball is on a straight ahead angle to go into the short rail a couple of inches short of Alex's pocket...that being the case..the 'clear-out' shot would be available - shooting the 13 dead ahead hard, with a stunned/moving forward a few inches to the short rail cueball, clearing out the 6 and 14, and sending balls to your side, maybe at your pocket.

- Ghost

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
thin the 2 to free up the nine and leave the cue on the short rail as close to the 7 as possible

It would be good to open up the 2-9...but the problem with this choice is....if my opponent shot that on me - I would respond by banking the 13, 2, or 9ball (whichever one I had the best angle on) 2 rails to my pocket/6&14balls, and come off the long and short rails, leaving the cueball snookered behind the 3ball - in huge trouble...and if no clear 2-rail bank path was available on any of those three balls - then instead I'd clear out a couple of those same balls and still put the cueball snookered behind the 3ball.
- Ghost

I don't know Mr. Ghost, I think I can draw the lines better than you can reply to them:p.

cbd's shot.jpg

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I don't know Mr. Ghost, I think I can draw the lines better than you can reply to them:p.

View attachment 6556

Cowpoke....If it comes out like that, I'll either still come off of the bottom of the 13 and spin you behind the 3ball..or, I'll just thin the 13 go to the long rail, rebound back out a few inches, and leave you with the 9 and/or 2 snookering you from my 6-14....:heh

- Fantasma

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
with just a little bad roll the 13 could hit both 6& 14 and stay close to oppo's pocket

Could happen, I know - shot's got some risk, but has possible big gain and will reverse the table situation to your favor...that's why that shot's for the more aggressive/gamblin' kind of player, and Jimmy's safer shot is for the more conservative style player....

As for my style choice...just like with choosin' blondes or brunettes - I like to equally mess around with both styles of play...:heh

- Ghost

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Thats the first shot I saw. I like it

I dont think you can get there caroming off the ball, looks like the cue ball will come into the side rail below the balls. However you can get there kicking 2 rails and taking a foul. That would be my shot. Keith

If it is possible to get behind those balls by caroming then that would be the best shot. Either way I want to leave the cue ball hidden behind those two balls.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I dont think you can get there caroming off the ball, looks like the cue ball will come into the side rail below the balls. However you can get there kicking 2 rails and taking a foul. That would be my shot. Keith

If it is possible to get behind those balls by caroming then that would be the best shot. Either way I want to leave the cue ball hidden behind those two balls.
Yeah, I don't think it'll work either. I'd try to follow the CB thru the 4 ball ? with a lot of running middle ball spin and try to get behind those balls like that. :D
Rod.

bstroud

Verified Member
With the 9 2 tying up your pocket you have to move the balls from your opponents' pocket.

Force follow the 12 ball hard into the two balls near his pocket and park the cue ball on the end rail opposite the 7.

Bill S.

senor

Verified Member
If I could see the 6, which is debatable, I might just try to pocket the 7 ball banking the 6 two rails into the 7 and parking the cue ball where the 6 is. I'd be surprised if Frost didn't do the same provided he could see it.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I set the table up about 15 times. The only two shots I shot were the 12 and thin the 7 to hook behind the 6.

In 10 shots thinning the 7 ball I hooked the QB behind the 6 four times. Twice I missed the 7 and sold out. The other times the 7 came up enough to block the 3 ball with the QB on or near the long rail about a 1/2 diamond.

I shot the 12 straight into the short rail 5 times. It took the 6 ball out every time and moved several balls over to Scotts side. The problem was at no time was there any pressure or threat applied. There were no traps and It was easy to get out of. Maybee later on in the game would this ball movement help.

Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I set the table up about 15 times. The onle two shots I shot were the 12 and thin the 7 to hook behind the 6.

In 10 shots thinning the 7 ball I hooked the QB behind the 6 four times. Twice I missed the 7 and sold out. The other times the 7 came up enough to block the 3 ball with the QB on or near the long rail about a 1/2 diamond.

I shot the 12 straight into the short rail 5 times. It took the 6 ball out every time and moved several balls over to Scotts side. The problem was at no time was there any pressure or threat applied. There were no traps and It was easy to get out of. Maybee later on in the game would this ball movement help.

Obviously if you miss the seven entirely it is going to be a serious mess up, right? But if you got behind the six four times, that's good. When I diagrammed the shot I was thinking about the fact that if you did not get behind the six just right, it would still not be the end of the world, just like you said. Anyway great shooting. To tell the honest truth, I was like Androd. I didn't really think you could get there one out of ten times. It looks like it has to be hit so thin and good. I didn't really get my lines right in the illustration. It has to be hit thinner. I just felt like doing a screenshot and thought it could be a teaching idea type shot for any beginners. Great shooting.........

WillieNilly

Verified Member
From
N.E Pennsylvania
im kicking firm , 2 rails , behind the 6 and 14. knoking the 14 down table and 6 over to my side. iinto the stripe/7/ 3, if u hit the 14 first i see no problems as the qball shoule roll up around the 13/8
or take an intentional with the same shot just soft kick, that is probably the better shot also.

going off the 7 for the same result is very tough, too shallow an angle aftr the contact with the severn to accuratly get there.

and driving the 13 into or behind 6/14 is taking a big risk,

lets see what happens .........

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
im kicking firm , 2 rails , behind the 6 and 14. knoking the 14 down table and 6 over to my side. iinto the stripe/7/ 3, if u hit the 14 first i see no problems as the qball shoule roll up around the 13/8
or take an intentional with the same shot just soft kick, that is probably the better shot also.

going off the 7 for the same result is very tough, too shallow an angle aftr the contact with the severn to accuratly get there.

and driving the 13 into or behind 6/14 is taking a big risk,

lets see what happens .........

Yep. if you happen to hit the bottom of the 14 ball, a lot of good things could happen. :D:p
Rod.