Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-09-2018, 12:53 PM
youngstownkid's Avatar
youngstownkid youngstownkid is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,378
Default Derby Format

Greg Sullivan has the biggest event most of us will ever go to. Why are we not considering following suit and using it?

OP Chip Tourney w/ DCC-style Finals
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...0&share_type=t
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-09-2018, 01:25 PM
Scrzbill Scrzbill is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Eagles Rest, Wa
Posts: 3,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngstownkid View Post
Greg Sullivan has the biggest event most of us will ever go to. Why are we not considering following suit and using it?

OP Chip Tourney w/ DCC-style Finals
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...0&share_type=t
Oh boy, ANOTHER thread about changing our tournaments. Greg Sullivan created his own mess last year by not playing a day of One Pocket. Is that the example you want us to follow? Or is it having 400 players, or 35 tables. We have no problems except the ones people are trying to make. Some adjustments, yes, wholesale changes to the format, no. Itís not you, itís me. Iím fed up with all the bull chip about the length of matches. Since I started playing one pocket, before the war, there were long games of one pocket played by some players. Even Johnston City had its share of longer games. Heck, I even saw RA play a game that lasted more than twenty minutes.
I had a great time in Houston, again. Dead money I am, I am.
I had a great time at the members tournament, again. Dead money again.
I get home from both tournaments very happy and the people that did not go want wholesale changes and are miserable.
__________________
Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-09-2018, 01:34 PM
keoneyo keoneyo is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrzbill View Post
Oh boy, ANOTHER thread about changing our tournaments. Greg Sullivan created his own mess last year by not playing a day of One Pocket. Is that the example you want us to follow? Or is it having 400 players, or 35 tables. We have no problems except the ones people are trying to make. Some adjustments, yes, wholesale changes to the format, no. Itís not you, itís me. Iím fed up with all the bull chip about the length of matches. Since I started playing one pocket, before the war, there were long games of one pocket played by some players. Even Johnston City had its share of longer games. Heck, I even saw RA play a game that lasted more than twenty minutes.
I had a great time in Houston, again. Dead money I am, I am.
I had a great time at the members tournament, again. Dead money again.
I get home from both tournaments very happy and the people that did not go want wholesale changes and are miserable.
Well there you go. Making sense again!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-09-2018, 01:51 PM
jlcomp45 jlcomp45 is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Cape Girardeau MO
Posts: 261
Default

I've got to ask - what exactly is he changing except table assignments? The game stays the same - no Grady, no fewer balls, no changing how fouls are assigned? And the unlimited chips means no one is eliminated early. Seems like a fair & measured approach to solving the vast majority of the gripes we've seen presented. What "change" are you specifically opposed to?

I remember Mark when you proposed this a couple weeks ago & thought it was a cool idea then too.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-09-2018, 05:56 PM
youngstownkid's Avatar
youngstownkid youngstownkid is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,378
Default Derby Format

Doesnít matter how many ppl we get, thatís benefit #1...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrzbill View Post
Iím fed up with all the bull chip about the length of matches.

There is a ton of flexibility so long matches donít affect anything one bit the first two days.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-09-2018, 05:57 PM
youngstownkid's Avatar
youngstownkid youngstownkid is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,378
Default Derby Format

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcomp45 View Post
I've got to ask - what exactly is he changing except table assignments? The game stays the same - no Grady, no fewer balls, no changing how fouls are assigned? And the unlimited chips means no one is eliminated early. Seems like a fair & measured approach to solving the vast majority of the gripes we've seen presented. What "change" are you specifically opposed to?



I remember Mark when you proposed this a couple weeks ago & thought it was a cool idea then too.


Iím sure he didnít even read it, heís just opposed to it bc itís different. Tell me Iím wrong...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-09-2018, 06:04 PM
youngstownkid's Avatar
youngstownkid youngstownkid is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,378
Default Derby Format

Mr dead money I think there no better way to get you more games played, and to accommodate as many members who want to come. No limits to 32...more ppl, more fun, right? Wouldnít it be great to get in the 40s?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-09-2018, 06:13 PM
youngstownkid's Avatar
youngstownkid youngstownkid is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,378
Default Derby Format

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcomp45 View Post
I remember Mark when you proposed this a couple weeks ago & thought it was a cool idea then too.

I tried to simplify it a little bit...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All original content Copyright Onepocket.org and/or the original author. All rights reserved.