Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2018, 12:53 PM
Verified Member

Default Derby Format

Greg Sullivan has the biggest event most of us will ever go to. Why are we not considering following suit and using it?

OP Chip Tourney w/ DCC-style Finals
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...0&share_type=t
Old 11-09-2018, 01:25 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngstownkid View Post
Greg Sullivan has the biggest event most of us will ever go to. Why are we not considering following suit and using it?

OP Chip Tourney w/ DCC-style Finals
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...0&share_type=t
Oh boy, ANOTHER thread about changing our tournaments. Greg Sullivan created his own mess last year by not playing a day of One Pocket. Is that the example you want us to follow? Or is it having 400 players, or 35 tables. We have no problems except the ones people are trying to make. Some adjustments, yes, wholesale changes to the format, no. Itís not you, itís me. Iím fed up with all the bull chip about the length of matches. Since I started playing one pocket, before the war, there were long games of one pocket played by some players. Even Johnston City had its share of longer games. Heck, I even saw RA play a game that lasted more than twenty minutes.
I had a great time in Houston, again. Dead money I am, I am.
I had a great time at the members tournament, again. Dead money again.
I get home from both tournaments very happy and the people that did not go want wholesale changes and are miserable.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:34 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrzbill View Post
Oh boy, ANOTHER thread about changing our tournaments. Greg Sullivan created his own mess last year by not playing a day of One Pocket. Is that the example you want us to follow? Or is it having 400 players, or 35 tables. We have no problems except the ones people are trying to make. Some adjustments, yes, wholesale changes to the format, no. Itís not you, itís me. Iím fed up with all the bull chip about the length of matches. Since I started playing one pocket, before the war, there were long games of one pocket played by some players. Even Johnston City had its share of longer games. Heck, I even saw RA play a game that lasted more than twenty minutes.
I had a great time in Houston, again. Dead money I am, I am.
I had a great time at the members tournament, again. Dead money again.
I get home from both tournaments very happy and the people that did not go want wholesale changes and are miserable.
Well there you go. Making sense again!
Old 11-09-2018, 01:51 PM
Verified Member

I've got to ask - what exactly is he changing except table assignments? The game stays the same - no Grady, no fewer balls, no changing how fouls are assigned? And the unlimited chips means no one is eliminated early. Seems like a fair & measured approach to solving the vast majority of the gripes we've seen presented. What "change" are you specifically opposed to?

I remember Mark when you proposed this a couple weeks ago & thought it was a cool idea then too.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:56 PM
Verified Member

Default Derby Format

Doesnít matter how many ppl we get, thatís benefit #1...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrzbill View Post
Iím fed up with all the bull chip about the length of matches.

There is a ton of flexibility so long matches donít affect anything one bit the first two days.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:57 PM
Verified Member

Default Derby Format

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcomp45 View Post
I've got to ask - what exactly is he changing except table assignments? The game stays the same - no Grady, no fewer balls, no changing how fouls are assigned? And the unlimited chips means no one is eliminated early. Seems like a fair & measured approach to solving the vast majority of the gripes we've seen presented. What "change" are you specifically opposed to?

I remember Mark when you proposed this a couple weeks ago & thought it was a cool idea then too.

Iím sure he didnít even read it, heís just opposed to it bc itís different. Tell me Iím wrong...
Old 11-09-2018, 06:04 PM
Verified Member

Default Derby Format

Mr dead money I think there no better way to get you more games played, and to accommodate as many members who want to come. No limits to 32...more ppl, more fun, right? Wouldnít it be great to get in the 40s?
Old 11-09-2018, 06:13 PM
Verified Member

Default Derby Format

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcomp45 View Post

I tried to simplify it a little bit...