Muscle and tush-hogs

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
There is an intersting thread in AZ forums about "Legendary muscle" that I posted on, and because I mentioned one of our own members in the post, I feel it's worth repeating here.

In the 70s there was an all-night bar on Rush St. in Chicago called, Martini's. It had 3 bar tables and good sucker action after 4AM. We all made good money there, but this big tush-hog named Ron Shea would come in drunk, and gorilla all the tables. He was big too, about 6'7 and 300 plus lbs. He would put his quarter up on all the tables, tush-hog the suckers and wouldnt pay off the hustlers, threatening and barking the whole time. My old pal, Johnny Morris, long departed, was a famous "Jar" hustler and bad drink mixologist. After we had all had about enough of Mr. Shea, Morris fixed up 'Ol Ron a sh*t mickey (composed mainly of some sort of rat poison) and doctored his drink. We then waited around for the show to begin, everybody (all the hustlers) were in on it. He was really drunk and obnoxious, and was hooting and bellering, spitting and fuming, when suddenly he stopped everything, and got an incredibly surprised look on his face. He made a mad dash for the bathroom, but Morris had beat him to it and was already in there with the door locked. While pounding on the door, the medicine went into full effect, you see it's not only a sh*t mickey, but also a considerable puke mickey. He flew out of the front door with stuff coming out of both ends. He didn't return for months, and when he did he reverted to form again. But this time, my other pal, Race Track Phil had enough of Ron's shenanagins and ordered Ron to meet him outside on the street. Keep in mind, Phil was only about 5'9 and about 165 lbs. Phil was like a DiLiberto, but without the training. Ron was stunned by Phil's challenge, and the disparity in size, and finally said, "Whatta you got, a gun?" Phil told him he would find everything out when they got outside. Ron didnt say anything else, left the pool area and went and sat up front at the bar, quiet as a mouse.

the Beard

Postscript: Ron started hanging around in Old Town with the same act. The hippies gave him their own version of the "Jar." They doctored his drink this time with a massive dose of LSD. He woke up naked in an alley a couple days later. (That was 30 years ago. I do hope Ron is either dead, or never gets to read this. I figure for a story to have validity you got to use real names.)

SJDinPHX

Suspended
It's me again, the computer idiot!

It's me again, the computer idiot!

fred bentivegna said:
There is an intersting thread in AZ forums about "Legendary muscle" that I posted on, and because I mentioned one of our own members in the post, I feel it's worth repeating here.

In the 70s there was an all-night bar on Rush St. in Chicago called, Martini's. It had 3 bar tables and good sucker action after 4AM. We all made good money there, but this big tush-hog named Ron Shea would come in drunk, and gorilla all the tables. He was big too, about 6'7 and 300 plus lbs. He would put his quarter up on all the tables, tush-hog the suckers and wouldnt pay off the hustlers, threatening and barking the whole time. My old pal, Johnny Morris, long departed, was a famous "Jar" hustler and bad drink mixologist. After we had all had about enough of Mr. Shea, Morris fixed up 'Ol Ron a sh*t mickey (composed mainly of some sort of rat poison) and doctored his drink. We then waited around for the show to begin, everybody (all the hustlers) were in on it. He was really drunk and obnoxious, and was hooting and bellering, spitting and fuming, when suddenly he stopped everything, and got an incredibly surprised look on his face. He made a mad dash for the bathroom, but Morris had beat him to it and was already in there with the door locked. While pounding on the door, the medicine went into full effect, you see it's not only a sh*t mickey, but also a considerable puke mickey. He flew out of the front door with stuff coming out of both ends. He didn't return for months, and when he did he reverted to form again. But this time, my other pal, Race Track Phil had enough of Ron's shenanagins and ordered Ron to meet him outside on the street. Keep in mind, Phil was only about 5'9 and about 165 lbs. Phil was like a DiLiberto, but without the training. Ron was stunned by Phil's challenge, and the disparity in size, and finally said, "Whatta you got, a gun?" Phil told him he would find everything out when they got outside. Ron didnt say anything else, left the pool area and went and sat up front at the bar, quiet as a mouse.

the Beard

Postscript: Ron started hanging around in Old Town with the same act. The hippies gave him their own version of the "Jar." They doctored his drink this time with a massive dose of LSD. He woke up naked in an alley a couple days later. (That was 30 years ago. I do hope Ron is either dead, or never gets to read this. I figure for a story to have validity you got to use real names.)
That was a great thread, Fred. I have posted many times on AZbilliards
and its usually in response to a thread I get caught up in. I always feel
like somehow I'm being disloyal to Steve. Whatever the case may be,
is there any way to "lift" a post,and its quote,from AZB and put it here
on 1P.org ? Probably not huh ? I uderstand how I can put my reply to
a folder and put it up on both sites, but unless I re-type the quote I'm
replying to it would be out of context.Should I try calling a tech help
line in Bangladesh?

Dick

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Dick Mc Morran said:
That was a great thread, Fred. I have posted many times on AZbilliards
and its usually in response to a thread I get caught up in. I always feel
like somehow I'm being disloyal to Steve. Whatever the case may be,
is there any way to "lift" a post,and its quote,from AZB and put it here
on 1P.org ? Probably not huh ?
Dick
Sure you can, Dick; That's what 'The Beard' did, I assume.

Step 1: If you go to the post you want to quote (here or AZ it works either way), click the "Quote" button as if you were going to reply and quote your post in the forum in which it originally appears. Once the reply window opens up, then highlight and Copy (Control 'C') the whole quote, but don't actually "Submit" it right there -- continue

Step 2: Then go to the other forum and "Reply" or "New Thread" and when this new edit window opens in the other forum, Paste (Control 'V') the quote into your edit window.

Step 3: Then add in whatever extra comments you want, and title your post if necessary, and "Preview Post" to make sure it looks right.

The new post should show the post you lifted from the original forum as a "quotation".

SJDinPHX

Suspended
NH Steve said:
Sure you can, Dick; That's what 'The Beard' did, I assume.

Step 1: If you go to the post you want to quote (here or AZ it works either way), click the "Quote" button as if you were going to reply and quote your post in the forum in which it originally appears. Once the reply window opens up, then highlight and Copy (Control 'C') the whole quote, but don't actually "Submit" it right there -- continue

Step 2: Then go to the other forum and "Reply" or "New Thread" and when this new edit window opens in the other forum, Paste (Control 'V') the quote into your edit window.

Step 3: Then add in whatever extra comments you want, and title your post if necessary, and "Preview Post" to make sure it looks rig
The new post should show the post you lifted from the original forum as a "quotation".
Thanks again Steve, put it on my 'help line' tab.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Loyalty

Loyalty

Dick Mc Morran said:
That was a great thread, Fred. I have posted many times on AZbilliards and its usually in response to a thread I get caught up in. I always feel like somehow I'm being disloyal to Steve..... Dick

Actually Dick,
That's how I feel. That's why I never respond to a OnePocket thread on AZ forums. If somebody wants to get me to talk about OnePocket, I will only do it on this forum. Mike Howerton, to his credit, refused to include a Onepocket section on AZ forums. He showed some class.

the Beard
(Even tho, our own Steve Booth cant help himself, and drifts over there periodically for 1pocket discussions.)

Last edited: