Regional members tournaments

jlcomp45

Verified Member
From
Cape Girardeau MO
With the way our membership is spread across the country I think it would be a neat idea/experiment to see if we could pull of some regional 16 man tournaments. I know I'd be willing to drive within 3 hours for a weekend tournament and I'm sure there are others who feel the same. For the MW I am thinking of either Tracy Whitney's place in Memphis or Teachers in St Louis. Would just have to figure out the logistics of free weekends and whether the room would be willing to host us.

Thoughts?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
One was tried in Philly last year. The idea might work if it gets a little momentum. I wonder about using them as qualifiers -- especially given that our annual event -- if it is limited to 32 players -- is liable to jam up fast.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
One was tried in Philly last year. The idea might work if it gets a little momentum. I wonder about using them as qualifiers -- especially given that our annual event -- if it is limited to 32 players -- is liable to jam up fast.

Chris at CA Billiards will let us have up to 64 players and as many tables as we need to keep on schedule.

I doubt we will have that many, but I have reached out locally to get us some new members and hope we will allow more than 32 if we get them.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa

Why is it limited to 32 players. Is that what Chris dictated?

one pocket guy

Verified Member
From
Arkansas (near Memphis Tn)
Sunday Rec tourney

Sunday Rec tourney

Bill has been having them 1st or 2nd Sunday of the last few months.
It’s really a cool format, with 4 brackets. We even came up with a great table idea. Being the fact that he has gold crowns and one diamond with varying toughness, he puts the D bracket on the loosest 2 or 3 tables. The C with slightly tighter all the way to A playing on the 3 tightest tables. It speeds up the play.
It’s a fun tourney that being cheap entry brings in players that might not normally try their hand.
If any of youse guys( just throwing a little Ghost terminology) would like to play call Rowsey. We’d love to have ya!~T