Roys Basement one pocket match and discussion

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
If you aren't following Roys Basement on facebook you should. Here is a post from his facebook today
I am currently working on probably the biggest ever One Pocket Money Game. Please don’t ask who the two players. I will hold on to the details until we get everything smooth out. I promise this will be the biggest One Pocket match so far. The target time for this match to happen is some time around December. We are working out the venue place and sponsors right now but the streamer is already settled. 🏆🏆🏆

We want to know from the pool fans especially One Pocket fans and viewers, would you rather see a 4 day event usual format that we have been doing like a Race to 40 again or one of the guys who has been working this with me to make it happen suggesting since it’s the biggest One Pocket ever, do a Best of 7 sets of Race to 10 doing one set a day (7 day max)?

So what you guys think? Please chime in....

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
a best out of 7 sets would be similar to baseball and nba finals
one super hot day for one player wouldnt necessarily seal the match by having a game lead difficult to overcome......ie tony /dennis #!
and if it gets to a winner take all 7th set pretty exciting
on the other hand
seeing dennis claw his way back and little by little whittling down tony's lead
made that last game unbeleivable tension /pressure and entertaining
so i am good with either format
although it would be something if the winner of the 4 out of 7 actually won less total games than the loser.....:eek:

El Chapo

Verified Member
I think the most exciting way to do it would be money is won lost at the end of each day. Maybe an odd number of days and winner of more sets takes home another big payout.

In pool you can dog like two balls by 1/64 of an inch in ten hours of play and have it completely ruin your day and make it a lopsided day. I like the idea of wiping out the score of the previous day by paying out.

What if the sets winner HAS to get xxxx amount of money under the above. So, if they were playing for 50k, if sets are all knotted up on last day set is worth 50k. If one guy wins three sets straight he’d have 30k plus 20k bonus he won by taking sets lead.

Did anybody follow that lol?

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Roy might not want to say who the players are but i will lol

It's both the 2017 and 2016 all around champions from the Derby City Classic.

If this match happens it will be the biggest in One Pocket history.

Roy's Basement is doing great things in the pool world and he has several world class players in his stable that he sponsors.

big_13450-robocop-is-the-bigdog-in-des-moines.jpg

youngstown

Verified Member
Roys Basement one pocket match and discussion

I’d like to see a race to X number of balls playing out each rack completely, person who makes last ball breaks.

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Or just one game of 1 ball one pocket for all the cheese? :)

just kidding, either format would be enjoyable for me but just to do something different I like the sets idea a little more I suppose.

Tylerbob

Verified Member
From
Chandler Texas
I watched these two get locked up in a hill/hill safety game in Monroe that lasted forever. Each needed 3 balls when Billy and Chip started their next round match. Chip wins 4 to 3 and Dennis and Alex are still fighting it out! One race to 10 could take days.

unoperro

Verified Member
Race to 7 each day. Have to win by 2 or first to ten.
First to win 50 games.
Could be all kinds of excitement.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Do it just like the majors in tennis. Best 3 outta five sets, races TBD. If they both have two sets apiece then do a sudden death tiebreaker of some type. During sets there are breaks, which are needed for the audience. Also, doing one race each day, it doesn't become a battle of attrition.

Sudden death;
Fifth set, lag for first break. First player to go up two games wins set/match.

El Chapo

Verified Member
That's amazing, that is probably THE matchup i'd like to see. I think I even posted it in another thread. Dreams do come true. I know most will like DO but I actually have thought Alex will take this. I don't know why just what I thought.