1998 Buddy Vs Jeremy Jones

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i know we all have been riveted to to our seats on the question of calling fouls on ourselves:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
but if we can gently go back to shot selection
jeremy just broke (poorly imho) in the first game
some say the shot after the break could be the most important
its buddys shot
what to do???
bj1.jpg

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
I shoot into the stripe to carom the fourteen nine ball combo and run out..

Of course if I miss the eight still blocks his hole...

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
we need another situation, this one doesn't offer many options. Franks choice is the only one worth mentioning, other than kicking softly at the 2 ball.

There is a circus shot available, if your mad at your money, or looking to impress a stake horse. Double bank the 6 ball and send whitey into the 2 ball for position on either the 7 ball or a possible shot on the 4 ball.:eek:

But I suggest we get back to playing solid one pocket. Lets put up a more interesting situation, one we have a chance to slaughter.

Billy I.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
we need another situation, this one doesn't offer many options. Franks choice is the only one worth mentioning, other than kicking softly at the 2 ball.

There is a circus shot available, if your mad at your money, or looking to impress a stake horse. Double bank the 6 ball and send whitey into the 2 ball for position on either the 7 ball or a possible shot on the 4 ball.:eek:

But I suggest we get back to playing solid one pocket. Lets put up a more interesting situation, one we have a chance to slaughter.

Billy I.

Where are the Billy situation taps. I no he made some. Is someone holging out on them?

DEnnies we can get this Bird If you have one off his taps.

Maybe he was a little younger and better looking too. Like in the Hppy days.

I dont no if they go back that far.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Where are the Billy situation taps. I no he made some. Is someone holging out on them?

DEnnies we can get this Bird If you have one off his taps.

Maybe he was a little younger and better looking too. Like in the Hppy days.

I dont no if they go back that far.

Double bank the 6 ball is a very strong shot. I like that shot.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Double bank the 6 ball is a very strong shot. I like that shot.

Can the show the champion chip match withScott and Acholo.

For the champion chip 2 years ago. At the DCC.

That should be a good one. Or even Scott and Eferen.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
lll said:
i know we all have been riveted to to our seats on the question of calling fouls on ourselves:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
but if we can gently go back to shot selection
jeremy just broke (poorly imho) in the first game
some say the shot after the break could be the most important
its buddys shot
what to do???
I remember this match. I play it at 4x normal speed and they are still moving slow:p . It's not fair for me to opine because I may be remembering what he shot.

Dennis

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
Cowboy Dennis said:
I remember this match. I play it at 4x normal speed and they are still moving slow:p . It's not fair for me to opine because I may be remembering what he shot.

Dennis
What's wrong with softly shoting the combo, not necessarly to make it but to get it cose. the 6 isn't going any where and you could spin into the 2.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
wincardona said:

Billy I.
heres what buddy shot
bj3.jpg

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
lll said:
I didn't like what Buddy did, he gave Jeremy an opportunity to develop a position with no risk. It looks like Jeremy shot and tid up the 1 and 8 balls and the 2 and 10 balls.:eek:

If I were Buddy I would shoot off the 14 and 9 balls and position the 9 ball close to his pocket, while the balls are tied up in front of Jeremy's pocket.

Billy I.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
heres the next few shots
first buddy tried to bank the 13 towards his pocket and put the q up table like this
jb2.jpg

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
lll said:
heres how he left it.
its jeremys shot now
View attachment 2729

Jeremy was unfortunate to have tied up the balls on his side, which gave Buddy the opportunity to do something good. There are times when you have a good shot and try to execute it (like Jeremy tried) and the balls roll funny, 1/4 turn here or there can often change the entire forecast of things to possibly come.

Now Buddy shoots a good shot, taking advantage of the balls tied up by Jeremy's pocket but maybe the balls didn't roll so great for Buddy either. If the three balls in front of Buddies pocket are positioned like I think they are Jeremy can move all of them by hitting the 7 ball thickly and banking it into the side of the 6 ball. The cue ball will carom into the 9 ball and move that ball away as well. BE CAREFUL not to use a high ball when you execute this shot, there's a possibility of a scratch if you do. I would use a low ball with a tip of left english to control the cue ball with this shot.

There are going to be times when you feel that you have chosen the right shot and hit it well, but for some unforeseen thing happening your shot didn't work, but it should have. Don't get discouraged, roll up your sleeves and get back to work. Injustices happen to everyone, believe it or not.:(

Billy I.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
wincardona said:
Now Buddy shoots a good shot, taking advantage of the balls tied up by Jeremy's pocket but maybe the balls didn't roll so great for Buddy either. If the three balls in front of Buddies pocket are positioned like I think they are Jeremy can move all of them by hitting the 7 ball thickly and banking it into the side of the 6 ball. The cue ball will carom into the 9 ball and move that ball away as well. BE CAREFUL not to use a high ball when you execute this shot, there's a possibility of a scratch if you do. I would use a low ball with a tip of left english to control the cue ball with this shot.
That's a pretty tough take out, shooting at 9 feet away from the diagonal corner pocket. I think the tendency for most players is to want to clear the opponent's hole on this layout. But Jeremy doesn't have a single ball on the table that will go into his hole. I've "died on the vine" many times in these type situations. It might be time to put some balls in front of his pocket.

It depends upon whether the 14-9 is wired or not. If not, I might consider rolling the 3 ball down to break up the 10 & 2, placing all three in front of the hole. The object would then be to nestle the CB up behind the 1-8. If executed well, Buddy has nothing. And it's going to be very difficult to leave the CB where Jeremy wouldn't be able to make something.

There again, from our Greenshot view the layout is distorted, so the correct shot might be something else. Jeremy is a very good 1P player, and if I'm not mistaken he won this match; so It's likely that he took the best shot from here.

Doc

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
gulfportdoc said:
That's a pretty tough take out, shooting at 9 feet away from the diagonal corner pocket. I think the tendency for most players is to want to clear the opponent's hole on this layout. But Jeremy doesn't have a single ball on the table that will go into his hole. I've "died on the vine" many times in these type situations. It might be time to put some balls in front of his pocket.

It depends upon whether the 14-9 is wired or not. If not, I might consider rolling the 3 ball down to break up the 10 & 2, placing all three in front of the hole. The object would then be to nestle the CB up behind the 1-8. If executed well, Buddy has nothing. And it's going to be very difficult to leave the CB where Jeremy wouldn't be able to make something.

There again, from our Greenshot view the layout is distorted, so the correct shot might be something else. Jeremy is a very good 1P player, and if I'm not mistaken he won this match; so It's likely that he took the best shot from here.

Doc

Thats real good dock thats the shot I was looking at Im surprised some one seen it wright away.

And if you you can rool up to the 1 and 8 and frezze him thier he will be in a tough spot again.

Thier is another shot thats pretty good too. Because off the angle I see. You shoot with high ball the cue ball stays thier and knocks the two solid balls away from the pocket.

And the cue ball stays thier. And the nine ball goes too Jeromy Joes pocket.

Or you can just role the solid in infront off his pocket. And put him behind the solid ball.

And on youre next shot you should be able too clear Buddys pocket.And all the balls are Jeromy Jones side.

But you have 3 choices too shoot. And thier all pretty good.

And what people need too realize when the balls are tied up like that in front off Jeriomy Jones pocket.

Its not bad becuse its hard for Buddy too do aything with those balls too.

Unless he is at a good angle too do something with those balls.

So balls being tued up like that isnt always bad for you it can work for you.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
gulfportdoc said:

Doc

Buddy has a very threatening position and Jeremy has a more solid position. I understand that by rolling the 3 ball and loosening up the two balls in front of jeremy's pocket is appealing, especially if you can roll on the one and eight balls. But that's not an easy shot either. And if you don't get there Buddy will be able to clear your pocket and really put you in trouble. But I agree it's probably a game winner if you're able to do it.

Lets look at this situation from another prospective. If the shot I described is available and Jeremy can clear Buddies pocket that's the shot I would choose for several reasons. Like I mentioned and what is apparent is that Jeremy's position is much stronger than Buddies position, especially if he can clear Buddies pocket. After clearing Buddies pocket Buddy really doesn't have a good shot to clear Jeremy's pocket considering how the balls are positioned. So Jeremy will be able to keep control of his strong position and imo will develop it from there.

There really isn't much urgency for Jeremy to play the aggressive shot and open up the balls in front of his pocket, providing the take out shot that I described is available, for the reasons I believe to be true. Patience in this situation will prevail for Jeremy, because of the way the balls are positioned.

Billy I.