May 21-24 BIG One Pocket Tournament Buffalo's Billiards New Orleans, La

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
May 21-24 BIG One Pocket Tournament Buffalo's Billiards New Orleans, La

That makes three times I wanted to call time out and tell Joey what to shoot.

Love this comment! 👍👍

Jim thanks very much for the reports. Glad you're there. Will you be there again for today's action?

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Thanks to Jim, Bernie, and Dustin for the nice updates! And cheers to Mr. Hannah for the brackets!!

A couple of comments: I'm surprised that Bartam ponied up to play. He's a very good player in all games, but I'd put him at a full level below most of these guys. Likewise I'm surprised that someone would put Cliff in. He has no chance with his bum shoulder. It's sad, really. He still plays brilliant 1P, but he just can't repeatedly make the key shots due to the impairment.

Sounds like Alex got lucky over Gray. His experience probably pulled that one out for him. I'd like to see if Jason Brown could take care of the Pag in their upcoming match.

It's nice to see JJ winning his first match. Few are more knowledgeable than he in 1P, but age is not his friend. He'll have a tough second match with either Chohan or Gray. He's probably better off with Tony, since Tony is probably respectful of Jones' history.

I'm surprised that Immonen prevailed over Deuel. Either Mika plays a little better 1P than I thought, or perhaps Corey is a little worse.;) Immonen has very little chance to be in the final four.

Good for Scott, taking care of Compton! It went to the hill though. Looks as though there's a real good chance that Frost will face Danny Smith in the third winner's round. That match up could be a classic!!

Thanks again, guys~

Doc

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Thanks to Jim, Bernie, and Dustin for the nice updates! And cheers to Mr. Hannah for the brackets!!

A couple of comments: I'm surprised that Bartam ponied up to play. He's a very good player in all games, but I'd put him at a full level below most of these guys. Likewise I'm surprised that someone would put Cliff in. He has no chance with his bum shoulder. It's sad, really. He still plays brilliant 1P, but he just can't repeatedly make the key shots due to the impairment.

Sounds like Alex got lucky over Gray. His experience probably pulled that one out for him. I'd like to see if Jason Brown could take care of the Pag in their upcoming match.

It's nice to see JJ winning his first match. Few are more knowledgeable than he in 1P, but age is not his friend. He'll have a tough second match with either Chohan or Gray. He's probably better off with Tony, since Tony is probably respectful of Jones' history.

I'm surprised that Immonen prevailed over Deuel. Either Mika plays a little better 1P than I thought, or perhaps Corey is a little worse.;) Immonen has very little chance to be in the final four.

Good for Scott, taking care of Compton! It went to the hill though. Looks as though there's a real good chance that Frost will face Danny Smith in the third winner's round. That match up could be a classic!!

Thanks again, guys~

Doc

Corey I'm sure has jet lag from his flight.

Cliff was hammer breaking in a 10 ball ring game afterwards.

Richie got into a huge argument with Josh Roberts in a gambling match. Richie looks like a total bum

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Richie shows up for his match, after forfeiting three games due to tardiness.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Scott complaining about getting lots of skids. Mika attempted the zaniest goofiest shot ever and blows a game.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
The Freezer thaws out the "Ice Man" . Races to five make Scott harder to deal with. Score was 5-2. T-Rex wins, also