Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2018, 11:40 PM
Verified Member

Hopkins looked like he wasn't doing anything , but you didn't get many shots and when you did, it usually had a grenade attached to it.
Old 01-20-2018, 04:05 PM
Verified Member

Default 2003

It was getting late in the banks and I have an 11am match. I stayed with friends that year and saw them once in ten days. This kid I played could drill straight backs but that was all. I was up two games to zero. I broke and ran out and two people clapped. Two of his friends who were the only people watching our match. Meantime on the TV table they are yelling and screaming. Daulton and some guy name Truman were playing. Daulton was up 2-0 when Truman ran 13 straight, tying the match 2-2. I went over after the match and ask Truman if he remembered going on the road in a red Corvair. He looked at me and said yes, it had been thirty years since his and mine first road trip. We came home broke but it was all worth it. My next bank match was with some guy Brumback, I buy back after that match. The venue with the seating where you could see just about any match comfortably. They also had book making type of betting. I won enough to pay for my trip and buy two Woody Woodworth cues. I went back to California and promptly broke my neck ending a lack luster career. The food was typical southern venue, lots of fats and severely over cooked.