Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2018, 02:56 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keoneyo View Post
...He ran 24 balls on me inside of 15 minutes like it was fish gliding through water.
very poetic!
Old 01-20-2018, 03:15 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chapo View Post
That actually reminded me of a tony Ellen story. This match was my only real interaction with the guy, but I will tell you right now not many pool players I ever met impressed me more.

This ****ing guy had me down about 7 to 1 going to 9. The guy put more packages at the time than you can imagine. If he came to the table you literally were expecting a 3 pack on average. I am not even kidding.

So he had me way down, he needed like two games, he knew he was playing a much inferior opponent. I break the balls and the 9 comes flying out, it gets knocked around and starts rolling right toward the corner on the other side of the table. What does tony do from the chair. This ****ing guy is rooting the nine out of the hole like its his case game for his last penny! Hes sweating that ****ing ball out of the hole I kid you not: he needs two I need like 9 and Im a totally helpless dupe and he knows it.

I dont know if that story only impresses me as much as it does, or it would others? But I seriously cannot think of a quality I admire more in pool than a guy who already has his ****ing foot on a guys throat, total domination, and still wants to win every ****ing game as if its his last. Honestly I could not have admired his attitude more and that little rooting of the nine out of the pocket will stick with me forever in the most delightful of ways. Hope the man rests in peace we lost a good one there.
Maybe the line was you don't get to 3?
Old 01-20-2018, 03:51 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Jackets View Post
Maybe the line was you don't get to 3?
Anything is possible, but it was early morning in a small tournament. And considering docs post, I think the guy just legitimately wanted to win every goddam game of nine ball he played, no matter what. And again I think that is amazing. Wish we coulda seen what he could have accomplished. To me his skill was absolute top of the line at the time.
Old 01-20-2018, 03:59 PM
Verified Member

no better draw than traveling over 300 miles to play the guy you drove with!
Old 01-20-2018, 04:46 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keoneyo View Post
I was at Sacramento Hard Times for their Jubilee. I was visiting family so couldnt enter the tournament. But their was a mini tournament late at nite for $25 entry fee. I get Rodney Morris!!! Im like dumbfounded. Rodney never played one hole and I guess was getting some practice in before the big one.
He says "take it easy on me. I dont play the game". I beat him to the shot in every game. But if he ever got a shot it was 8 and out. He ran 24 balls on me inside of 15 minutes like it was fish gliding through water.
Sounds like when you got some idiot to give you 10-8, speaking of fish.
Old 01-20-2018, 05:23 PM
Verified Member

people always remember their bad breaks and instantly forget or assume its natural with their good ones.
if you are here in this world then you have had more than your share of good breaks. same with pool.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:47 AM
Verified Member

Default Luck of the draw?

For the most part, you should expect to draw a monster every round. One year, I drew Darren Appleton for a match, and was up all night excited, thinking maybe wed get put on the TV table or something, then he was a no show!

MM
Old 01-21-2018, 08:20 PM
Verified Member

Default Luck of the draw?

My first match at tomorrow at 10:00am. Some cupcake named Leevan Corteza. I figure he cant win if he Never gets a shot at his hole heh.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:57 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngstownkid View Post
For the most part, you should expect to draw a monster every round. One year, I drew Darren Appleton for a match, and was up all night excited, thinking maybe wed get put on the TV table or something, then he was a no show!

MM
he was scared of you...
Old 01-21-2018, 08:58 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkbtank View Post
My first match at tomorrow at 10:00am. Some cupcake named Leevan Corteza. I figure he cant win if he Never gets a shot at his hole heh.
mitch just remember this and youw will do fine
Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.
may the force be with you brother..