Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-04-2018, 07:15 PM
lll lll is online now
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: vero beach fl
Posts: 13,118
Default your opinion wanted

i am watching the superbowl as i guess many of you are or not

so i expect more replies tomorrow
but i was playing a few weeks ago and this came up
the score is 5-1 or 5-0 me...
i cant tell how many balls are on the table...
i was left like this my shot ...my pocket is the corner up the rail from the 1 ball
i didint want to make the 1
(you are ahead dont bring balls down table,,ie to the foot end of the table )
but i didnt see anything i liked coming of the balls in the stack
so
I shot the 1 ball in the hole
do you see a shot i missed ...
was it a poor decision ??
Name:  larry ed wwyd 2.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  42.1 KB

Name:  larry ed wwyd 1.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  51.2 KB
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-04-2018, 07:34 PM
Scrzbill Scrzbill is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Eagles Rest, Wa
Posts: 2,684
Default

Is the 3 dead
Did you try corner hooking
__________________
Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-04-2018, 07:41 PM
lll lll is online now
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: vero beach fl
Posts: 13,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrzbill View Post
Is the 3 dead
Did you try corner hooking
the 3 is pointed at HIS pocket not mine
i dont remember but i dont think so regarding the corner hook
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-04-2018, 07:53 PM
One Pocket Ghost's Avatar
One Pocket Ghost One Pocket Ghost is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ghosttown
Posts: 8,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lll View Post

i didint want to make the 1
(you are ahead dont bring balls down table


do you see a shot i missed ...

I shot the 1 ball in the hole
was it a poor decision ??

#1. Larry...there are already 9 balls down-table, one more is not a big deal...

#2. The only other shot you had was 2-rail kicking out of the corner to strike the outside of the 11-13-7 --- but that's an aggressive shot that could leave a return shot - it's a shot that you don't need to be shooting with a 5-0 lead - if you were down 5-0 it would be a good shot to shoot...

#3. All that said, you shot the only reasonable shot that you had - pocketing the 1ball - and of course you needed to leave the cueball safely on the opposite side of the table, probably by the side pocket.

- Ghost
__________________
jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 02-04-2018 at 07:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-04-2018, 07:56 PM
lll lll is online now
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: vero beach fl
Posts: 13,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
#1. Larry...there are already 9 balls down-table, one more is not a big deal...

#2. The only other shot you had was 2-rail kicking out of the corner to strike the outside of the 11-13-7 --- but that's an aggressive shot that could leave a return shot - it's a shot that you don't need to be shooting with a 5-0 lead - if you were down 5-0 it would be a good shot to shoot...

#3. All that said, you shot the only reasonable shot that you had - pocketing the 1ball - and of course you needed to leave the cueball safely on the opposite side of the table.

- Ghost
thanks ghost for the reply
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-04-2018, 08:13 PM
Scrzbill Scrzbill is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Eagles Rest, Wa
Posts: 2,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lll View Post
the 3 is pointed at HIS pocket not mine
i dont remember but i dont think so regarding the corner hook
Yes and you left him a shot at it. If you weren’t going to corner hook him then Ghost is correct that you left the cue ball on the wrong side of the table. With a shot as easy as you had, moving your cue ball to the correct side is a lack of concentration. It happens.
__________________
Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-04-2018, 08:34 PM
lll lll is online now
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: vero beach fl
Posts: 13,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrzbill View Post
Yes and you left him a shot at it. If you weren’t going to corner hook him then Ghost is correct that you left the cue ball on the wrong side of the table. With a shot as easy as you had, moving your cue ball to the correct side is a lack of concentration. It happens.
good point
i think i drew back to the center diamond
but i really dont remember
for sure he didnt make the 3 ball next....
thanks for the responce bill

Last edited by lll; 02-05-2018 at 07:34 AM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-04-2018, 10:28 PM
androd's Avatar
androd androd is online now
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Braunfels tx.
Posts: 6,843
Default

good as any !
__________________
Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
(e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-04-2018, 10:52 PM
vapros vapros is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: baton rouge, la
Posts: 2,899
Default

Knock the 1 ball down and leave him there on the rail. Only sensible option. A two rail kick at the 13 and 7 might come out pretty good, but only if you hit it well. It would be a 13 foot shot from your position on the rail. Shoot the 1 ball.
__________________
If it ain't funny, it ain't much.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-04-2018, 11:09 PM
OneRock's Avatar
OneRock OneRock is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,017
Default

"Don't bring balls down table"... It isn't always so. Pocketing the 1 was the right shot here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lll View Post
i am watching the superbowl as i guess many of you are or not

so i expect more replies tomorrow
but i was playing a few weeks ago and this came up
the score is 5-1 or 5-0 me...
i cant tell how many balls are on the table...
i was left like this my shot ...my pocket is the corner up the rail from the 1 ball
i didint want to make the 1
(you are ahead dont bring balls down table,,ie to the foot end of the table )
but i didnt see anything i liked coming of the balls in the stack
so
I shot the 1 ball in the hole
do you see a shot i missed ...
was it a poor decision ??
Attachment 21611

Attachment 21612
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All original content Copyright Onepocket.org and/or the original author. All rights reserved.