Buddy Hall vs. Jeremy Jones

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Well, it looks as though y'all are done with the most recent WWYD, so I'll post this one for your enjoyment.

The standing is that the guys are at double hill in a race to 5. JJ has broken the balls, leaving Buddy a tricky layout. What did he do? What would YOU do? ~Doc

Hall-Jones 1.jpg

Hall-Jones 2.jpg

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Well, it looks as though y'all are done with the most recent WWYD, so I'll post this one for your enjoyment.

The standing is that the guys are at double hill in a race to 5. JJ has broken the balls, leaving Buddy a tricky layout. What did he do? What would YOU do? ~Doc

View attachment 12666

View attachment 12667

Buddy looks for something aggressive in these spots, but I don't see one.
I would kick 4 rails at the 4, maybe off the 9 but probably not. Huge window... hard to go wrong, but it doesn't do much for me but give me another turn at the table.

Oh, I see what Buddy might have done... combo bank 3-2 and double JJ up in the upper right hand corner. Depends where the 7 and 12 are likey to end up.

edit: Was this a late 90s match with
Dr. Bill and DD commentating... if so it was a great match to watch and the commentating was hilarious.

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
If I kicked like Efren... this might work. There is a very nice landing area for the cue ball here. I seriously doubt Buddy did this though, because he seems to be a subscriber to the "do something simple" in a pinch style of One Pocket. (Not knocking that by the way).

Attachments

• 2015-07-10 20_56_59-Greenshot.jpg
    2015-07-10 20_56_59-Greenshot.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 0

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I don't like coming off the 9ball and dropping to the bottom rail, much too conservative of a shot. Chances are the next time you come back to the table you'll be in the stack with less to do than what you just had. I certainly wouldn't want to be in the stack with the way the balls are positioned, would you?

Playing the carom is a gamble, more for some than for others, however, it looks to be a good option if you like it. I know I wouldn't want to be playing Reyes and have him set up for the shot, just sayin.:D

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Dustin and Petie have the right shot. I was going to post it right after Doc put this up but I wanted to let people put their 2 cents in.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Bank the 3 into the 2 and go up table leaving him doubled up on the balls on his side. Hopefully my bank into the 3-2 has moved some balls over so I have some strength on my side. Another option is taking a foul leaving the cue ball up table in the top right hand corner so he is doubled up, maybe you come to the table with a better shot but if he is smart he will take a foul back and put you in or on the stack.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Buddy Hall vs. Jeremy Jones

Simple. Play the 5-10-6-13, (I think it actually may go) while playing the carom 7-2 combo as well. Or Dustins shot.

glbglb

Verified Member
I'm with you, Dustin. What's he gonna do?

Kick lightly into the stack and u both owe one but u fouled first. Dont like it
I like the combo bank and double up vs. the staight intentional foul up there