Great Shots!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
This is another one of those pages that was put on the back burner...

Most of you will remember the "Great Shots" page that we had on the last design which showed some various diagrams of one pocket shots. We have revived the page into the new design! Although most of us agree that these are not the greatest shots out there, some at least deserve being mentioned. If even 1 person gets to add one of these shots to their game, it was worth posting. As we go along, maybe we can add more shots to this page and eventually have them all categorized as the list grows.

In addtion to a brief description and diagram, we were also lucky enough to have fellow member Tom Wirth record a video of him playing each of the shots along with his narrative concerning each situation. I know that took a lot of time, especially editing the video, so thanks again Tom for your time and help on this!

The page is here:
http://www.onepocket.org/great-shots/

It will also be added to the nav above soon.

I put the start time and end time in the code of each video clip on the page so that you could click the video and only see the specific shot you are reading about. You can click the full-screen icon on each video to see it in full screen however it doesn't appear to actually stop when it's supposed to so if you let it play, it will continue to play through all of the shots Tom recorded instead of just the one you clicked on.

If you want to see Tom's video in it's entirety, it is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdWuXVM6Q5E

Also, if you haven't already done so, you should subscribe to Tom's youtube channel - you will find some good info in his videos!

PS - We figured there may be other members who will want to submit their own videos of themselves executing any one of the shots listed. If you do, feel free to shoot me a PM and let me know. You can do 1 shot or all of them. As long as they are on youtube when finished.

That's all for now!

poolisboring

Verified Member
From
toledo
theres one video of tom wirth running 15 and out, and believe me, its a tough out too...... very nice......

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
cincy thats a great addition
and tom
its terrific of you to take the time to demonstrate the shot with a narrative
kudos.jpg......kudos.jpg
double kudos to you two guys

Last edited:

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
I agree, its one thing to see the digram and quite another to see a video demonstration. Thanks for taking the time to do this Tom.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Wow, I got a chance to take a look at the new Great Shots page, and it looks great!! But it really comes to life with the video demonstration of the shots that Tom Wirth put together!!! If you have not looked, you should. His video demonstrations make the screen shots of my old WEI diagrams look kind of lame, lol.

Next step is for you seasoned creative players to make note of great shots that you come across so that we can add more to this! They don't have to be the greatest ever crazy shots, but maybe just a pretty good shot that not every player on the rising end of their learning curve might not know yet.

Thanks again Tom and cinci!!!

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Thank you Steve, I hope to see others post their shots. I'm sure many here have some fantastic situations where they either shot the shot themselves or have a video of a shot they thought merited posting.

I have a shot I posted about a week ago. It was a situation where I needed both balls and felt I was in trouble until I looked closer. This is a recreation of that shot. My pocket is lower left. You may want to pause the video before the actual shot takes place if you want to try to figure out what I did.

Thanks to all,

Tom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axop-uOG_lA

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Great Shots!

Strong sauce, Tom! Great videos. Thanks. I tried that break yesterday for fun during a game and it worked great.

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
Very well executed series of shots by Tom Wirth. And they're not just for show; believe me, he's played them all on me, and many more, over the years. Frankly, that alternate break option was not in my arsenal. The way I've always understood it is that you'd shoot it and bring the CB back up to the head rail on your side of the table to protect the loosened balls.

Can't wait to try it.

Peter

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Great vid, Tom! Incidentally, that break you demonstrated is the exact break that Freddie Bentivegna used for full-rack banks. Very effective!!

~Doc

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Thanks guys, I'm waiting to see some of your videos. I know some of you have them. Maybe they are just excerpts from a match you've watched and enjoyed. Post it if you can. Please don't feel you have to go to the extent I did with all the added stuff I put in. I have a You Tube Page and wanted to dress this one up a bit more. I'm sure Chris and Steve are hoping we will see many videos from several of you. It will help this thread come alive. Help them out. They are doing their part.

Thanks,

Tom

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
good shot Tom indeed ~

I will 3 or 4 rail kick sometimes on intentionals but that specific 3 rail into the catcher's mitt you just shot is one I don't see often but will look for it more now.

thanks!

unoperro

Verified Member
Our other moviestar, Robert Newkirk, needs to post his coup de grace for our veiwing pleasure:)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Am I the only one who's going to post a shot on this thread?

Oh well, here's one more for you all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afg-ZhbiwK0

Tom

Very nice Tom!!

Ok you have reminded me of one that I have only played once in a game, but that was fairly recently, so I hope to use it again :D But like Tom's shot, it can also be a life saver. I mean all it is, is an additional one rail extension of the 3-4 kick that comes up all time returning the break especially, so it is actually not as exotic as it might at first appear.

Attachments

• 5-6 rail kick.jpg
    5-6 rail kick.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 0

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Great Shots!

Very nice Tom!!

Ok you have reminded me of one that I have only played once in a game, but that was fairly recently, so I hope to use it again :D But like Tom's shot, it can also be a life saver. I mean all it is, is an additional one rail extension of the 3-4 kick that comes up all time returning the break especially, so it is actually not as exotic as it might at first appear.

You know that's a great shot Steve! Thanks!!