one ball one-pocket

Mike

Verified Member
The ball is spotted on the bottom rail in the center. As stated breaker must play safe and cannot shoot at his hole.

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
there was a thread at azb asking what happens if there is a foul/scratch during one ball one pocket???
your answers i take as the correct ones
:)

backplaying

Verified Member
It will sure teach you the end game. I was very new to one pocket a couple of years back and had gone to Athens, Al to see what was going on, when Ricky P suggested we play some 1 ball one hole for 50, well, he told me the rules, and 8 games later, I'm 400 loser and it showed me just how bad I played the end game.

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
It will sure teach you the end game. I was very new to one pocket a couple of years back and had gone to Athens, Al to see what was going on, when Ricky P suggested we play some 1 ball one hole for 50, well, he told me the rules, and 8 games later, I'm 400 loser and it showed me just how bad I played the end game.

Bottom line is that you must good at those odd off-angle and multi-rail banks. Also, you must get good and comfortable with kicking with draw. Finally, speed control (both the OB and the CB) is a must.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Yep, you spot one up, just like regular One Pocket.

However, if you want to set the rules so the game cannot extend too much, you can put a foul limit -- such as, if you already need two balls and you scratch or foul again so that you would then need three balls, that would be loss of game. If we had official One Ball One Pocket rules, I'd push for this to be in them, btw. So the most balls you can need would be two balls to keep the game moving forward. A couple of hangers in your opponent's pocket too deep to take out could easily do that to you, lol.

You also of course need to agree on where the cue ball and object are placed to start the game, and there are different reasonable options for that.

But one other rule you need is that you have to play a safe for your opening shot, you cannot just pocket the ball -- you don't have a game if the opening player is allowed to pocket the ball on their first shot.

Other than these simple rules, it's all just ordinary One Pocket.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I once played Freddy Lochemy in San Antonio from 2pm til 2:30 am. I have played many longer sessions, but never been so tired. He and I play fast and every other turn it's either your shot or your rack. There was no time to sit down or rest. It was really exhausting.:eek:
Rod.