Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2017, 01:17 AM
Verified Member

Default You are down 2 to -3 and bear trapped

You are down 2 to -3. His pocket is the one with all the balls near it. Your pocket is marked by three pennies. WWYD?

Old 03-11-2017, 02:01 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngstownkid View Post
You are down 2 to -3. His pocket is the one with all the balls near it. Your pocket is marked by three pennies. WWYD?
You're down, but your opponent left you too close to the action and too far off the rail!

I'm hitting that 14 almost straight on and putting all my focus on a very thin nip on the left edge of the 12 ball to get safe/shape. This shot has, to my eye, a good chance to reverse the game.

If that doesn't lay quite right, then I'm going at the 12 ball and 3-4 railing the cue ball behind the 11. Despite all the balls, that path is pretty open.

But I lean strongly towards my first option.
Old 03-11-2017, 02:14 AM
Verified Member

looks like there is room to roll soft between the 5 and 6.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:22 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller View Post
looks like there is room to roll soft between the 5 and 6.
This.

I am slow rolling between the 5 and 6, hitting the long rail and trying to get right under the 11 froze on the bottom rail.

He is in serious trouble from here. Get there and you just turned the game around.
Old 03-11-2017, 02:25 AM
Verified Member

I like coming off the 1 behind the 11, or pocketing the 6 and rolling behind the 11. The aggressive shot that I see is banking the 2 with some inside and going 3 rails with the cb actually looks like the cb will split the 1 and 10.
Old 03-11-2017, 05:56 AM
Verified Member

I would come off the right side of the 4 with left hand English to his side rail and spin to the bottom rail behind the 11.--Smitty
Old 03-11-2017, 06:23 AM
Verified Member

There a several replies here, all with varying levels of risk if not executed well.

There appears to be room to lag between the 5 and 6 and get behind the 11. Enough speed to get some spin is needed, risk hitting the or 6 or failing to get spin an going past the 11.

Bank the 14 with some RHE hoping to get the CB on the side rail at the risk of leaving CB too far off the rail.

The shot I like is coming off the 4 to get behind the 6. This offers the most room for error and least risk

All these shots are going to result in opponent probable banking the 1 straightback and leaving you uptable. Your response from there will most likely be banking the 9 and holding the CB there (hopefully moving balls to your side.

How bout that complicated strategery, huh?
Old 03-12-2017, 02:21 PM
Verified Member

I would have to look at 1 railing the 2. Whitey goes 3/4 rails. Path looks open.

Coming off the 7 looks safest.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:53 PM
Verified Member

Default HERE'S THE sHOT

Shoot as hard as you can, with stun, the 6 into the edge of the 14. They both double kiss out, should send 14 towards your hole. If no double kiss on cue ball, you just may turn game around. I play the count
Old 03-11-2017, 06:34 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybanks View Post
I like coming off the 1 behind the 11, or pocketing the 6 and rolling behind the 11. The aggressive shot that I see is banking the 2 with some inside and going 3 rails with the cb actually looks like the cb will split the 1 and 10.
This is the 1st shot I saw and I really didn't look beyond it...I like banking the 1 ball over to my long rail and putting the CB under and behind the 11...I'll take my chances and play it from there...