Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2019, 02:00 PM
Administrator

Default Nice finish -- WDTDW??

WDTDW -- What did they do wrong (or right maybe lol). This is from the "Ship the Cash" One Pocket/Banks tournament recently held at Snookers in Providence RI. This is a late round winner's side match. The format was One Pocket race to 2 on the winner side and 9-ball banks race to 2 on the one loss side. 32 player field played out 100% in one day.

Anyway Billy "the Kid" led most of the way in this hill-hill game, but Joey Dupuis battled back doggedly and now at this point Billy needs two and Joey only needs one ball for the win. Nice live stream with spit screen views in real time.

Joey Dupuis to shoot -- in fact it looks like he is seriously eyeing his shot here:
Attached Images

Old 07-09-2019, 02:35 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Steve View Post
WDTDW -- What did they do wrong (or right maybe lol). This is from the "Ship the Cash" One Pocket/Banks tournament recently held at Snookers in Providence RI. This is a late round winner's side match. The format was One Pocket race to 2 on the winner side and 9-ball banks race to 2 on the one loss side. 32 player field played out 100% in one day.

Anyway Billy "the Kid" led most of the way in this hill-hill game, but Joey Dupuis battled back doggedly and now at this point Billy needs two and Joey only needs one ball for the win. Nice live stream with spit screen views in real time.

Joey Dupuis to shoot -- in fact it looks like he is seriously eyeing his shot here:
I think if he tries to bank the 9 ball he's in trouble. I see no way to get out of the kiss. If he's trying to make the 2 and spin under the 9 that's a different story.
Old 07-09-2019, 03:17 PM
Administrator

I've got a short sequence of shots here, so I am moving on to the next one...

Joey did pocket the 2 ball and snuggled up the cue ball behind the edge of the 9 to leave Billy this.

Billy to shoot, Billy needing 2 balls and Joey needing 1 ball to win the match:
Attached Images

Old 07-09-2019, 03:18 PM
Verified Member

the 9 ball is frozen on the 2 so seems like he is just trying to make the two and freeze on the 9 ball
Old 07-09-2019, 03:21 PM
Verified Member

if you have an amazing touch I like pushing the cue ball so it is a straight in on the ball as it forces joey to move another ball into play
Old 07-09-2019, 06:08 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Steve View Post

I try and avoid putting a ball in play if I have 7 and opponent has 6.
Old 07-09-2019, 06:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoFats View Post
I try and avoid putting a ball in play if I have 7 and opponent has 6.
I agree with that... but you also know how tempting it is
Old 07-09-2019, 07:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkins View Post
if you have an amazing touch I like pushing the cue ball so it is a straight in on the ball as it forces joey to move another ball into play
Well it looked like Billy tried that with a light touch (caught a rail, so no foul), leaving Joey with a slight angle and close to the ball. Joey to shoot:
Attached Images

Old 07-09-2019, 07:36 PM
Verified Member

I got to z bank to the low rail if I only need one focusing on not moving the 9 ball enough to sell out the three railer
Old 07-09-2019, 10:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkins View Post
I got to z bank to the low rail if I only need one focusing on not moving the 9 ball enough to sell out the three railer
As I understand it, you are talking about sending the cue ball to the bottom rail by thinning off the 9 leaving the 9 up in that corner out of play. Good play!