Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2019, 04:59 PM
Verified Member

Default Wwyd 40 a game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Npd12814 View Post
Wouldnít they then just have a long bank putting you back in the same spot but with another threat by the pocket?

Thatís exactly why I didnít shoot that shot. The guy I was playing huts those long backs great.
Old 07-13-2019, 10:30 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr3cushion View Post
This is one time, 'Science' will always out weigh your thinking of what can happen here! WeI don't need a 5 page rebuttal, just try looking up the science of tangent lines!
So, your tangent line represents the direction the CB will travel if it hits the specific point on the OB where your tangent line touches the OB. Do you think that that specific point of contact is the ONLY point that can be contacted on this two rail kick shot?

I don't think so. There are many points of contact available, some to the left of your contact point (fuller hit) and some to the right of your contact point (thinner hit).

All it takes is a little thinner hit than you are representing to get the CB into the catchers mitt. Surely, you can comprehend that?
Old 07-13-2019, 11:52 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by darmoose View Post
So, your tangent line represents the direction the CB will travel if it hits the specific point on the OB where your tangent line touches the OB. Do you think that that specific point of contact is the ONLY point that can be contacted on this two rail kick shot?

I don't think so. There are many points of contact available, some to the left of your contact point (fuller hit) and some to the right of your contact point (thinner hit).

All it takes is a little thinner hit than you are representing to get the CB into the catchers mitt. Surely, you can comprehend that?
Only if your intention is to take a scratch, why would anyone do that here!
Old 07-14-2019, 12:21 AM
Verified Member

I may try and over cut the 1 ball and have it 2 rail the 14 out while trying to make the cb hit the 8 ball.
Old 07-14-2019, 01:58 PM
Verified Member

My opinion is that there are many ways to hit that ball that would defeat the tangent line rule. No more needs to be be said.
Old 07-14-2019, 08:04 PM
Verified Member

Shoot the 4 regardless. As long as you stay on the left rail you're good.
Old 07-16-2019, 01:37 AM
Verified Member

Default Rodney

I also like kicking the 14ball exactly the way Rod describes it. Hitting the 14ball thinly offers the best chance of controlling both the 14ball and the cue ball. Also by playing to hit the 14ball thinly you will make the 14ball much more often. Banking the 4ball can work out well, however, there are too many possibilities that you may sell out a shot, a little too risky IMO. Cutting the 5ball demands a good hit with the right speed and it's only good if you make the 5ball. The risk with this shot out weighs the positives, since pocketing the 5ball for an average to slightly above average player is around 25%, maybe 33% but not higher because your focus will be divided between pocketing the ball and guiding the cue ball..eek. I don't see a top player shooting the 5ball, unless his name is Keith McCreedy.

Dr. Bill

Last edited by wincardona; 07-16-2019 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:48 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfportdoc View Post
Normally I like banking a ball into the stack in general layouts like this. But in this case i was afraid that the 4 or one of the other balls would glance out and sell out a ball or two to the opponent's hole. But you hit it good, and it turned out well. Good wwyd.

~Doc
I agree Doc.

I'm surprised no one has commented on Howard's shot. It requires good execution, but it's not overly difficult, and it does everything, including breaking up the combo.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:52 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybanks View Post
I may try and over cut the 1 ball and have it 2 rail the 14 out while trying to make the cb hit the 8 ball.
Yeah, that's Howard's shot, and I like it better than anything if I don't shoot the 5.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:42 PM

I like 1 rail kicking the 14, having the cue track towards the dead combo in the stack. High right and a more full hit on the 14, just hard enough to get whitey to the stack.

Last edited by Wonit68; 07-16-2019 at 11:48 PM.