Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2019, 04:27 PM
Verified Member

I havenít read all the responses but I have a pilots license so I shooting a flyer. Bank the 1 to my hole.
Old 07-19-2019, 04:53 PM
Verified Member

You have to remove the combo and you can't leave a bank on the three. That means you have to leave the cue ball up table. Shooting the combo where they both go to your side, but not hard enough to lose whitey. You should be able to leave whitey near the top left pocket. You'll have the eleven and ten on your side, along with the one. You've rearranged the furniture, eliminated a wired combo, and now you can play from there.
Old 07-19-2019, 04:56 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoFats View Post
Man... I like some parts of this shot, but that 1 ball is just too free with the cue ball down there by the first diamond.
Unless you can get that 10 all the way to the lower quadrant, you are giving up a free bank on the 1 ball.
I have been playing a bit with Piggy, Ike, Darryl and they will all shoot that one ball and shoot it in a manner that makes the shot free meaning moving whitey down below. If not, they are double banking the 11 ball you pushed over there at speed for a free shot.
I think I need to start playing some guys that don't bank well to have fun again
I like this shot.
Old 07-19-2019, 07:06 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtompilot View Post
I haven’t read all the responses but I have a pilots license so I shooting a flyer. Bank the 1 to my hole.
If you bank the 1, your new job will be driving a Greyhound bus cuz I will revoke your pilots license...
Old 07-19-2019, 08:05 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
If you bank the 1, your new job will be driving a Greyhound bus cuz I will revoke your pilots license...
You do know I shot for the wrong hole

I don’t want to lose my action

Last edited by jtompilot; 07-19-2019 at 08:44 PM.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:58 AM
Verified Member

I believe this is my shot, I am 1 rail kicking from my side rail towards the 11 ball. The tricky part is getting the speed right and hitting the 11 full to his long rail and stopping the cb behind the 10 ball. I believe Ghost 👻 may shoot this shot! Lol
Old 07-20-2019, 08:51 AM
Verified Member

another shot, maybe not a hill hill shot, is to bank the 1 ball 3 rails to your hole with follow on the CB (since thats all you can do anyways), and the CB rolls down and makes the 11, CB stays around the pocket.

Now, you have the 1 ball in play at your pocket, the 11 ball is down on the spot, AND since the CB is near the top left pocket, if ghost shoots the combo, he now has to make it or loses, he cant play the CB safe and try to shoot it from that angle, its all or nothing and with an inch between those balls, it can be missed.
Old 07-20-2019, 06:49 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy_kid View Post
another shot, maybe not a hill hill shot, is to bank the 1 ball 3 rails to your hole with follow on the CB (since thats all you can do anyways), and the CB rolls down and makes the 11, CB stays around the pocket.

Now, you have the 1 ball in play at your pocket, the 11 ball is down on the spot, AND since the CB is near the top left pocket, if ghost shoots the combo, he now has to make it or loses, he cant play the CB safe and try to shoot it from that angle, its all or nothing and with an inch between those balls, it can be missed.
The ghost never misses the ''free'' no rattle shots.
no link....
Old 07-20-2019, 09:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRLongArm View Post
You have to remove the combo and you can't leave a bank on the three. That means you have to leave the cue ball up table. Shooting the combo where they both go to your side, but not hard enough to lose whitey. You should be able to leave whitey near the top left pocket. You'll have the eleven and ten on your side, along with the one. You've rearranged the furniture, eliminated a wired combo, and now you can play from there.
I like this too -- maybe anyway It looks like a slight cut to the left side of 11 with the follow that is all you have anyway -- but maybe not following that far down -- just enough to make the bank of the 3 not so appealing
Old 07-20-2019, 09:29 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybanks View Post
I believe this is my shot, I am 1 rail kicking from my side rail towards the 11 ball. The tricky part is getting the speed right and hitting the 11 full to his long rail and stopping the cb behind the 10 ball. I believe Ghost 👻 may shoot this shot! Lol
How ya doin' Kyb...

Matter of fact, since I do like to kick, I did look at/consider that shot...but I rejected it cuz the likelihood of a successful execution and outcome looked a wee bit too low percentage for my liking...

- Ghost